Refi Rates

ChrisL

With my wife’s unemployment lingering we are looking at restructuring our mortgage to make it easier to live on one income long term.  Just got a quote from my company on a 15 year 2.12% $2,400 in closing & fees.  There are some employee discounts worked into the fees. 

I know some of you have refi’d recently with other firms, how does this compare to yours?  Not sure if I should be shopping rates or just go with my firm...

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

With my wife’s unemployment lingering we are looking at restructuring our mortgage to make it easier to live on one income long term.  Just got a quote from my company on a 15 year 2.12% $2,400 in closing & fees.  There are some employee discounts worked into the fees. 

I know some of you have refi’d recently with other firms, how does this compare to yours?  Not sure if I should be shopping rates or just go with my firm...

Darn - 2.12%???? Seems nice.  Really seems only the $2,400 is where it would be good or bad in relation to others.  We're supposed to get the ball rolling on this process too.  I pay extra so down at a ~10 easy years left to payoff, but wouldn't mind a lower interest rate for those 10 years.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I have not. I'm at 4.375% from my refi several years ago.

Rates have certainly dropped since.  I can put you in touch with our guy that manages the friends & family program for a quote via DM if you choose.  He’ll need my info as a referral for the program.

There is no incentive for me so if you choose not to or go with someone else it won’t impact me in any way.

• Heart 2