Would you like to live forever?

Randomguy

I just finished binge watching a show, finished the series.  It started well, I thought, and then got kinda dumb.

Anyway, one of the characters was a vampire, and by the show's end, he was about 160 years old before he killed himself by walking into the sun after another main character's funeral.  None of the other main characters were vampires, but he waxed on about losing everybody he ever loved and having a depressing life because of that and the fact that he had pretty much seen everything before in one way or another.

Would you want to live forever?

10 hours ago, Allen said:

Yes, at least ten thousand years give or take. 
I may be able to learn violin in that time. 

Good point.  I will change my answer to yes. 

I got some advice once about a certain fiddle break--The fiddle break was not created by people who analyzed the theoretical implications of their bowstrokes.  It was created by people fluent in the language of their instrument and through years of playing and practicing.  Stop asking and start doing.  You'll know you have it right, when you have it right. So I have a lot more playing that needs to be done.  

I would like to live forever - at least that's my opinion before turning 70 on Oct. 1 - as long as I'm able to think, get about, am pain-free, etc.

My soon-to-be joining the septuagenarian club has made me think about mortality.  In the past, I've said that if I die after 70 I will have led a full life.  That's still true, but I lean on the fact that my non-smoking uncles on both sides of my family made it to 88 and, with improved medicine, hope I make it to 90. I quit smoking just before turning 45. I hope that was soon enough, because my many smoking aunts, uncles, and parents didn't make it to 80.

But, if I continue to slow down due to aging, there will be a point where I'm sure to echo my father's last words, "I think it's time to check out."

• Hugs 1