Is it acceptable to slap someone

jsharr

49 minutes ago, jsharr said:

for posting or saying anything with the phrase "living my best life" in it?

discus

Where do stupid sayings like that start and what the eff do they mean esp when talking about a pic of a their dog or going away for the weekend?

It depends if they do declare like that all the time.  But some people are like that but live well quietly and look after their loved ones, good friends.

Some people just know how to live gratefully ...daily even though they aren't totally well themselves.

I feel slightly guilty right now, when I know my siblings are dealing with my mother who isn't entirely well.  She just got cataract surgery.  I'm sure sibs think I'm living a la-la-la life,  2 thousand km. away from them. So I don't talk about cycling etc.  They can see my blog if they want to see things I enjoy.

Just now, shootingstar said:

It isn't always a hard yes or no. 

It is possible to know one lives a good life, be incredibly positive but at the same time, give well to others without reward and empathetically.

I think it should be a hard slap and a loud "NO" when duck faced moms post pictures of their "littles" "lviing their best lives"   What is wrong with a normal smile and the words "Here are my kids having fun"?

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

It isn't always a hard yes or no. 

It is possible to know one lives a good life, be incredibly positive but at the same time, give well to others without reward and empathetically.

See that's the problem here. 

The question wasn't about someone living a good life or not or if they should talk about it on social media.

It's about slapping someone.  Please try to keep up.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

See that's the problem here. 

The question wasn't about someone living a good life or not or if they should talk about it on social media.

It's about slapping someone.  Please try to keep up.

It's always acceptable to slap someone silly sometimes under special circumstances with some conditional reasons that this might not be true for all possible opportunities.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

for posting or saying anything with the phrase "living my best life" in it?

discus

Where do stupid sayings like that start and what the eff do they mean esp when talking about a pic of a their dog or going away for the weekend?

AH - the two headed GREEN MONSTER - jealousy and envy - rears its ugly head!

Anger and rage are always the correct response to something.

• Heart 1

45 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Exactly!  Why is getting away for a long weekend automagically livin ma best life duck face photo worthy?

Why wouldn't it be worthy???  What the hell else do you discuss with friends and family? The load of clothes in the dryer? The dishes you washed or the hangnail you took care of???? You better hope a "long weekend away" is what they post and not their recent colonoscopy results.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

Why wouldn't it be worthy???  What the hell else do you discuss with friends and family? The load of clothes in the dryer? The dishes you washed or the hangnail you took care of???? You better hope a "long weekend away" is what they post and not their recent colonoscopy results.

Speak for yourself.  Many posters here post of their colonoscopy prep and results.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Slapping is for bitches. Body shots are better and they don’t leave bruises...

I don’t have Facebook and rarely view my wife’s account.  It’s annoying as hell anymore.

So far this is the best advice on the thread, if the offending best life liver is male.

• Heart 1