Philander’s Peach Report

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by Kzoo,

1 minute ago, Further said:

I had one good batch of peaches, and a couple mediocre ones, now peaches seem rare in the stores.

Looking forward to apples

This has been unusual for the late summer batch to be so good. Usually they don’t keep very well or taste as good as the early ones, but these are mmm mmm good. 

• 1 month later...

Well a great season wrapped up yesterday with a whimper, a big and beautiful but slightly mealy peach.  October 11 is awesome for last peach day!  Made the last buy at just the right time, around mid-September or so.  Lost maybe 5% or so to mold and rot, higher than I would have liked but not bad compared to some years.  So I managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat when the primary peach farmer got frozen oot.  The backup came through with his best performance in years.  Always before his peaches just never held up and they even tasted better this year too.

• Heart 3

18 minutes ago, Dickbag Dickbag Dickbag said:

I didn’t buy a single peach this year.  I got tired of buying them and being universally disappointed the last few years. If they are continually expensive and not good, then unfortunately I will pass.  I made do with peach milkshakes and such. 

I think this is because you lack decent access to fresh, locally grown produce.

• Heart 1