So my wife was watching Martha “ho-bag” Stewart yesterday

Ralphie

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

What's a "ho-bag"?  Some craft project?

Ho-bag = urban slang for whore, prostitute. DH refers to Martha Stewart (MS) as a ho-bag because she sells herself and her “product” all over different media. Ho-bag is in it for the money and apparently is good at it. She is still a ho-bag.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Old No. 7 said:

Ho-bag = urban slang for whore, prostitute. DH refers to Martha Stewart (MS) as a ho-bag because she sells herself and her “product” all over different media. Ho-bag is in it for the money and apparently is good at it. She is still a ho-bag.

Man - that's an interesting "twist" on marketing.  George Foreman - HO BAG!  Bill Gates - SUPREME HO BAG!  Elon Musk -eccentric HO BAG! Heck, Thomas Edison - The OG HO BAG! I actually can't think of a non-ho bag now :(  Thanks for ruining this for me.

ARGH!!! Peter Sagan!!!! A green jerseyed HO BAG!!!!! :angry:

• Awesome 1

Just now, Philander Seabury said:

I would have to pry the remote from my wife’s cold dead hands. :(

With the TdF on, I get TV control in the evenings now to finish what parts I miss during the morning.  But "evening" now starts at 9pm for me as she still seems to think its fine to watch something she wants first.  Luckily, I got a Apple TV for the bedroom recently, and that TV was rarely used until I showed her she can watch Outlander from the bed! Win-win!

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I send myself, mainly when it is time for the real housewives to yell at each other. :(  I used to leave for bobs burgers but it is actually not as bad as I thought. :D

I don't watch cartoons.  It is my belief that those Sunday evening Fox cartoons are stupid.......... and the people that ........ never mind.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I don't watch cartoons.  It is my belief that those Sunday evening Fox cartoons are stupid.......... and the people that ........ never mind.

The Simpsons are genuius!  I try to avoid them but my wife and kids watch them a lot so I get sucked in, and have started to like most of them.  Family guy went from hate to like. We used to deal with a guy at work who looked just like him so that alone makes it funny to watch. :D

8 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

The Simpsons are genuius!  I try to avoid them but my wife and kids watch them a lot so I get sucked in, and have started to like most of them.  Family guy went from hate to like. We used to deal with a guy at work who looked just like him so that alone makes it funny to watch. :D

I can proudly say I have never watched an episode of the Simpsons.  I have never watched a half an episode of the Simpsons.  I haven't watched even a minute of an episode of the Simpsons.  And I think I am a better man for it.................. I might be wrong but that's what I think.

Just now, Kzoo said:

I can proudly say I have never watched an episode of the Simpsons.  I have never watched a half an episode of the Simpsons.  I haven't watched even a minute of an episode of the Simpsons.  And I think I am a better man for it.................. I might be wrong but that's what I think.

Are you related to SW or effing ray?

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

So you three are now lumped together in perpetuity as the non-tv-and-cartoon-watchers in my brian.

No way.

Flintstones

Looney Toons

Happy Days

Friends

Threes Company

Kung Fu

Now I switched to Netflix, so I almost never watch TV.

My wife keeps telling me our cable bill won't do down much is we cancel TV.  She never watches TV - except for TdF.

Just now, Square Wheels said:

No way.

Flintstones

Looney Toons

Happy Days

Friends

Threes Company

Kung Fu

Now I switched to Netflix, so I almost never watch TV.

My wife keeps telling me our cable bill won't do down much is we cancel TV.  She never watches TV - except for TdF.

Ahh - most of you "non-tv-watchers" are closet watchers.  Effing Ray might have pulled it off though.

6 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

Ahh - most of you "non-tv-watchers" are closet watchers.  Effing Ray might have pulled it off though.

The TV is on every night.  About 1 hour.  99.9999% of the time, Netflix.  We don't binge anything.  Even on weekends, maybe 2 hours.

Almost no cable shows.  Me, some sports, and TdF.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

99.9999% of the time, Netflix.  We don't binge anything.  Even on weekends, maybe 2 hours.

That is completely, totally, irrevocably unpossible!  Netflix=binging.  Period.

I am currently binging on the Universe series.  Very well done.  Well, last night anyhoo.  Tonight I am in a Youtube rabbit hole for Tiny Desk concerts.

So about the philodendron, we've had one for about 20 years now, sometimes the leaves die, the plant keeps going.

Don't let it get tall, ours touches an 8 foot ceiling, I'm about to chop about 4 feet off it and am more than a little nervous about killing it.

There was a little thread drift.... 

11 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

The TV is on every night.  About 1 hour.  99.9999% of the time, Netflix.  We don't binge anything.  Even on weekends, maybe 2 hours.

Almost no cable shows.  Me, some sports, and TdF.

We don’t binge watch anything either. My attention span is too short. We do watch Jeopardy most nights either when it airs or after we record it 

15 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Who woulda thought we would have something in common!

• Heart 1

I don't understand how she made it big to start with because she's the most monotoned, unexciting craft/cooking show host of all time.

Still, there are a couple recipes of hers I haven't seen elsewhere that are super and if I'm channel surfing and come across her show, I'll pause a minute to see if it's another good dish!

My favorite MS recipe is for her Savory Fall Stew where substitutions (mild, not hot Italian sausage, sweet onions) and additions (potatoes, beans, etc,) work great: https://www.marthastewart.com/337234/savory-fall-stew

20 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I don't understand how she made it big to start with because she's the most monotoned, unexciting craft/cooking show host of all time

She said she was a natural at flower arranging. She is certainly self-confident which does help one in life I ‘spose !

I think it was Bloom County that used to make fun of her. Owl see if I can dredge up some of those to see IIRC. 

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I don't understand how she made it big to start with because she's the most monotoned, unexciting craft/cooking show host of all time.

Still, there are a couple recipes of hers I haven't seen elsewhere that are super and if I'm channel surfing and come across her show, I'll pause a minute to see if it's another good dish!

My favorite MS recipe is for her Savory Fall Stew where substitutions (mild, not hot Italian sausage, sweet onions) and additions (potatoes, beans, etc,) work great: https://www.marthastewart.com/337234/savory-fall-stew

That does sound good