Does everything cost 7 grand?

Square Wheels

Need a minor chimney repair.  Thinking a few hundred bucks.  Nope.  flue's collapsed, 7 grand.

Now, our pest people come out, suggest we have the tree that's too close to the house removed.  Me: That'll be a few hundred.  Tree Guy: gimme 7 grand.  Stuck his hand in where a branch near the base, pulled out sawdust.  Went over to a monster tree on the other side of the house, did the same thing.

Ugh

One tree they are taking is modest size, the second is a monster, and leans over a neighbor's house.  We've been dreading that one.

A friend had a single tree removed from her yard for 6 grand.  This guy is going to clean up a lot of other tress while he's here.  Seems like a bargain.  Not compared to the 300 I was hoping.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Just wait until the BMW needs some "minor" work :whistle:

I might sell it once it's paid off.  Should be paid off in about a year.  If it's still under warranty I'll keep it a little longer.  I love the car, I just don't trust it's reliability.  I'll be sad as it's so fun to drive.  300+ hp, hardtop convertible, handles amazing...  Wife takes it a lot too.  She took it in to work today.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I think 7 grand is a point where you always pause and go, "Well that is a boatload of money."  So a tree, a chimney, a new dog-- we all go wish it was less.  Of course if you could buy a new house you loved like @Scrapr or @Dottles for seven grand, they would be over the moon happy.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

One tree they are taking is modest size, the second is a monster, and leans over a neighbor's house.  We've been dreading that one.

A friend had a single tree removed from her yard for 6 grand.  This guy is going to clean up a lot of other tress while he's here.  Seems like a bargain.  Not compared to the 300 I was hoping.

I’m having a dead dogwood removed for $600. Not huge, but probably not 1/10 the size of your friend’s tree. I’d probably leave it alone if it cost $6000 to remove. :dontknow:

1 minute ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’m having a dead dogwood removed for $600. Not huge, but probably not 1/10 the size of your friend’s tree. I’d probably leave it alone if it cost $6000 to remove. :dontknow:

And won't homeowner's insurance cover it if the tree falls and does any damage????  I'd rather pay a deductible than pay $7k just for the hell of it!

Once those trees fall, it is way cheaper to get them removed.  Heck, can do it yourself if they just land in the yard.

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

And won't homeowner's insurance cover it if the tree falls and does any damage????  I'd rather pay a deductible than pay $7k just for the hell of it!

Once those trees fall, it is way cheaper to get them removed.  Heck, can do it yourself if they just land in the yard.

I don't think I have enough to cover it landing on the neighbor's house.  They have a ton of people living there and there is always someone outside.  I'd prefer not to kill someone.

• Haha 1