YIG

Digital_photog

30 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

I have one complaint.  My karma must be bad.  The famous author didn't autograph any of the 3 books I have from him.  :(  Maybe my review would be better if they were all autographed.

Next time I see you, I'll bring my pen.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, UglyBob said:

Next time I see you, I'll bring my pen.

P8 needs to host another kids triathlon so we can all go camp, visit, drink beer, trade lies and work a little. 

Only complaint I have about this series is you haven't came out and directly answered the question. "Is Missy hot?"

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

P8 needs to host another kids triathlon so we can all go camp, visit, drink beer, trade lies and work a little. 

Only complaint I have about this series is you haven't came out and directly answered the question. "Is Missy hot?"

Killing Karma, chapter 5, near the end. James's first encounter with Missy. Then go to chapter 8 where Donny plays wingman for James. Pay particular attention to the inner conversation between James and Josh. Josh actually refers to her as "the hot one."

Does this mean I get more stars in my rating? B)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 9/6/2020 at 10:55 AM, UglyBob said:

Killing Karma, chapter 5, near the end. James's first encounter with Missy. Then go to chapter 8 where Donny plays wingman for James. Pay particular attention to the inner conversation between James and Josh. Josh actually refers to her as "the hot one."

Does this mean I get more stars in my rating? B)

One of the things I really like about your books. Each individuals character and personality come through so well.  It is like we have known them for a long time and they are friends or at least close acquaintances.  They come alive.  I did not remember that exact statement but the reason I joke about it is that, yes, Missy did  come through as very attractive and fun.  I guess hot.  Also "hot" has become a forum joke since back in LF days.  Maybe our forums have had some influence on your books.  Just finished ready COLD KARMA.  Now when will the next one be ready? 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

One of the things I really like about your books. Each individuals character and personality come through so well.  It is like we have known them for a long time and they are friends or at least close acquaintances.  They come alive.  I did not remember that exact statement but the reason I joke about it is that, yes, Missy did  come through as very attractive and fun.  I guess hot.  Also "hot" has become a forum joke since back in LF days.  Maybe our forums have had some influence on your books.  Just finished ready COLD KARMA.  Now when will the next one be ready? 

I've lived with all of these characters in my head for so long that I know them better than some of my own family. My hope is that some of that comes through on the page. as for Josh's statement that Missy is the hot one, yeah that was a nod to the long standing forum question.

As far as the next book goes, I'm working on two books right now. Neither is a James McCarthy book, but I do have the basic plot worked out for the next one. I'm currently spinning Nestor Yazzi off into his own series and also working on another book in a completely different genre. We'll see how that goes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2020 at 9:13 AM, Digital_photog said:

I have one complaint.  My karma must be bad.  The famous author didn't autograph any of the 3 books I have from him.  :(  Maybe my review would be better if they were all autographed.

Same here. I wonder how he could autograph the kindle version?

I just finished the book yesterday and it has me wanting more. There were a couple of loose ends which I'm hoping will be cleared up in the next book. 

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

Same here. I wonder how he could autograph the kindle version?

I just finished the book yesterday and it has me wanting more. There were a couple of loose ends which I'm hoping will be cleared up in the next book. 

You'll have to wait a little while for the next book. I'm writing one that's not related to the series right now. I'm trying out another genre to see if I can pull it off. I may try to write the next book in the series at the same time. I already have the foundation figured out. In the next one story James gets a stalker... or more to the point, Josh gets one. I've also started spinning Nestor off into his own series, but I'm a little stalled on that one.

• Heart 1