Internet Explorer

Square Wheels

Internet Explorer  

28 members have voted

1. 1. I can use another browser instead of Internet Explorer

• Yes - I have other options available
    • No - I cannot use another browser

2 hours ago, Forum Administrator said:

I don't know much about web design, but is this a normal thing?  We have a web based program we use at school that was giving me fits. It turned out that the teachers were using internet explorer and that was causing the problem.  

Yes.  Must things are designed to run on Chrome and whatever Mac uses.

3 hours ago, Forum Administrator said:

I don't know much about web design, but is this a normal thing?  We have a web based program we use at school that was giving me fits. It turned out that the teachers were using internet explorer and that was causing the problem.  

IE is running on old architecture.  Most websites use new tools that didn't exist when IE11 was created.  IE11 is till supported, but not being worked on any longer, Microsoft have given it an end of life date of Aug 2021.

Edge and Chrome are both built off of Chromium.  If you use one of those, or Safari, you will not have any issues.  Some browsers are locked out by organizations like a school.  Can you install one?

For my sites, I am going to hunt down a redirect script that does not allow people to visit the site as it will be nearly impossible to use.  It will bring them to a page letting them know they need a modern browser.

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Edge and Chrome are both built off of Chromium.  If you use one of those, or Safari, you will not have any issues.  Some browsers are locked out by organizations like a school.  Can you install one?

They were told to use Chrome, but did not listen.  I have no idea where they even found internet explorer because they have some very up to date devices.  On my list of things to do tomorrow is to find out how IE was installed on their devices.