Are you filled with 'Rage'?

Randomguy

Just under the surface I am a cauldron of bubbling rage.

Round about the cauldron go:
In the poisoned entrails throw.
Toad, that under cold stone
Days and nights has thirty-one
Sweated venom sleeping got,
Boil thou first i’ the charmed pot.

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn and cauldron bubble.

Fillet of a fenny snake,
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt and toe of frog,
Wool of bat and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and owlet's wing.
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.

Double, double toil and trouble;

Scale of dragon, tooth of wolf,
Witch's mummy, maw and gulf
Of the ravin'd salt-sea shark,
Root of hemlock digg'd i’ the dark,
Liver of blaspheming Jew;
Gall of goat; and slips of yew
Sliver'd in the moon's eclipse;
Nose of Turk, and Tartar's lips;
Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-deliver'd by a drab,
Make the gruel thick and slab:
Add thereto a tiger's chaudron,
For the ingredients of our cauldron.

Double, double toil and trouble,

Cool it with a baboon's blood,
Then the charm is firm and good.

The closest I come to true rage is when driving.  There are SO many assholes on the road.

I am outraged by political b.s., the phone companies not fixing it so the true number of the caller appears on your phone so you won't get a shitload of nuisance calls, and Charlie Sheen.

But I think "out" attached to "rage" must mean "not so much rage" otherwise I'd be "raged" by political b.s., etc.

On 9/10/2020 at 1:46 AM, Page Turner said:

..get with the PROGRAM, hippie. :angry:

I know, it is a bit much to ask the total deniers to actually take in irrefutable evidence straight from the source that leaders are actively acting in their disinterest, and will continue to, as it suits their intended purpose.

To have "your guys" you put in place telling you it is ok to run around and do those things 100% proven to increase your chances at sickness, hospitalization, and death (for you and all in your orbit) should show that the folks in charge consider you completely insignificant.  Is that what should be considered a characteristic of leadership?   

4 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I know, it is a bit much to ask the total deniers to actually take in irrefutable evidence straight from the source that leaders are actively acting in their disinterest, and will continue to, as it suits their intended purpose.

To have "your guys" you put in place telling you it is ok to run around and do those things 100% proven to increase your chances at sickness, hospitalization, and death (for you and all in your orbit) should show that the folks in charge consider you completely insignificant.  Is that what should be considered a characteristic of leadership?   

I remember a brief period of hypocrisy around WWJD wrist bands, etc.  That has long been abandoned by most (I still like it a lot), and a new more fatalistic mantra has taken its place.

51 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

acceptable risk:  You dying due to a risk someone else considers acceptable.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Rage?  Nah.  Maybe if the book said anything I didn't already know...

As for the cult:  OK, so he did the most Leadery thing he could do and hid a deadly danger to reduce panic, but now the cat's out of the bag, so there's no reason to worry about panic and maybe we should turn to using the knowledge of how deadly this is to start being careful about it.  Just kidding, let's have another crowded maskless rally.  They don't even know he knows he's actively trying to kill them.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

FIFY.

My mom's currently obsessed with a homeless camp in Philadelphia.  You should be too.

I am deeply concerned about the impending death of the suburbs and the taking of guns, because that happened before in the previous gang that was around, good thing that things have all changed for the better!

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

FIFY.

My mom's currently obsessed with a homeless camp in Philadelphia.  You should be too.

Those homeless camps now actually include hardly any homeless.  Human Services placed them all a while ago.  Now it's a bunch of activists who keep turning down offers to sit down and talk to the city government about their grievances.

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am deeply concerned about the impending death of the suburbs and the taking of guns, because that happened before in the previous gang was around, good thing that things have all changed for the better!

Quit joking RG.  Everyone knows Obama confiscated America's guns long ago.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 12string said:

Those homeless camps now actually include hardly any homeless.  Human Services placed them all a while ago.  Now it's a bunch of activists who keep turning down offers to sit down and talk to the city government about their grievances.

In NYC, they took the homeless shelters and said "This kind of place is gonna spread around all sorts of corona PRI, close 'em down".  They were right, cots were 3' apart and they packed them in.  Problem is that the city then contracted with empty hotels to house the homeless, which sounds fine on the surface.  All of a sudden, though, you can't go one block without being asked for money at least twice ( a short 5-block walk will have you acosted at least 10 times) , you constantly  see the homeless peeing not in showers they now have, but the streets near the hotels.  I have seen at least half a dozen homeless guys peeing directly into traffic while facing the street (my street), and saw one guy standing on the sidewalk with his pants down jacking off, no attempt to disguise what he was doing in any way.

I feel for the homeless, maybe more than most random folks, and at the same time acknowledge that there is a lot of awkwardness, hygiene stuff, and drugs openly in neighborhoods where there wasn't before.  I definitely don't want RO seeing people jacking it and pissing wherever, plus she wants to give them money because I have done that with her before they were everywhere.  Explaining that you can't help everyone you see, explaining about masturbating on the street, and pissing and crapping on the sidewalk isn't so much fun.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, 12string said:

See!  That's where we should focus our attention!

13 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yeah, everything is fine!

image.jpeg.84d7eef296725f98d88c85ad0cd72af9.jpeg

But see, your "flames" are different then their "flames", but in both cases, your lizard brain is in an overly excited loop that makes it less likely you will actually find a nice middle ground and come together to fix the wide range of issues that have become hot spots of late.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

...it's no worse than the flu.

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

But see, your "flames" are different then their "flames", but in both cases, your lizard brain is in an overly excited loop that makes it less likely you will actually find a nice middle ground and come together to fix the wide range of issues that have become hot spots of late.

Middle grounds don't fan flames, though.

1 minute ago, Page Turner said:

...it's no worse than the flu.

A strenuous flu, though, is definitely something to ponder.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Middle grounds don't fan flames, though.

We're always gonna have folks fanning flames.  It's what we do.  

Remember when you were a kid in the 70s/80s and the baddies were ALWAYS the Russkies?  We fanned the heck out of those flames.  Luckily, I never got roped into the "hide under your desk for the end of the world" drill, but I certainly got some great stuff like Red Dawn and Rocky vs Drago.  Good times, and a way to show what used to be "bad" is now downright patriotic to some.

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

A strenuous flu, though, is definitely something to ponder.

We're always gonna have folks fanning flames.  It's what we do.  

Remember when you were a kid in the 70s/80s and the baddies were ALWAYS the Russkies?  We fanned the heck out of those flames.  Luckily, I never got roped into the "hide under your desk for the end of the world" drill, but I certainly got some great stuff like Red Dawn and Rocky vs Drago.  Good times, and a way to show what used to be "bad" is now downright patriotic to some.

Bad examples.

US Hockey team, LAke Placid, 1980, baby!!!!

How did we become such a divided society? I drive around and see “we support police” yard signs, and the next house “Black Lives Matter”. Why so binary??? Why can’t we accept the diversity of people, the inclusion of minorities, and the rule of law and GOOD policing? Surely most of America is in support of both/all, and yet we feel so divided.

I have blamed social medial for a long time.

• Sad 1