occasionally a witty govn't sign

shootingstar

I think it's a state law in Maryland that at least every 5th sentence has to end in the word, "Hon," short for "Honey," and the word can be applied to anyone: same sex, opposite sex, young and old, as in, "Can I take your order, Hon?" or "Don't get wet in the rain, Hon."

So, one day, someone took a 4x8 sheet of plywood, spray painted "Welcome to Baltimore, Hon!" and propped it up on the grass in the middle of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway just as you entered the city.

Unfortunately, it was taken down to huge protest and not replaced with a professional sign with the same words.

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I think it's a state law in Maryland that at least every 5th sentence has to end in the word, "Hon," short for "Honey," and the word can be applied to anyone: same sex, opposite sex, young and old, as in, "Can I take your order, Hon?" or "Don't get wet in the rain, Hon."

So, one day, someone took a 4x8 sheet of plywood, spray painted "Welcome to Baltimore, Hon!" and propped it up on the grass in the middle of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway just as you entered the city.

Unfortunately, it was taken down to huge protest and not replaced with a professional sign with the same words.

Use of honey, by service people for any customer of any gender, is quite American....to me.  It's noticeable to me as a Canadian when I am in the U.S. 

15 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I remember this. 

ss, I have seen that with other dogs too