Helen Hunt...

Green Grass

Helen Hunt, raving bitch.... She was one of the most despised people on the lot.  Fortunately I didn’t have to deal with her as she was at Culver Lot and I was at SPE but my team at Culver filled me in on her antics.

When Mad About You was up for an Emmy they weren’t sure what would be worse, winner Helen raving bitch or loser Helen raving bitch.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Helen looks so bad now, we saw her in something recently.

Meg Ryan was (IMO) one of the most beautiful women in Hollywood, and now she looks so bad trying to not show the aging process.  I bet if she had of left well enough alone she would have been a stunning 50+ year old.hqdefault.jpg.d91b18de9785669e520dbacf24f08bc0.jpg

220px-Meg_Ryan_Cannes_2010.jpg

Meg, I totally would :) I did have a thing for Helen years back. Mad aboot you era.

• Heart 1

13 hours ago, Scrapr said:

This looks very bad. Maybe caught her on a bad day?

No, that's how she looks.  Yesterday was a bad smoke day, stayed inside mostly and decided to watch a movie.  Selected "I See You".  HH looked just like that picture.  The only way you could tell it was her was by the voice.  Awful job.

22 hours ago, ChrisL said:

She may have had work done but doesn’t appear plastic.

She just looks old and used up to me.  I do associate deep-set eyes with old people, though, and hers are sinking all the back into her skull, and her lips look like she has sucked on a metric ton of cigarettes.  I think she could use a little work a ton of plastic surgery commensurate with her status as a celebrity.

9 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

No, that's how she looks.  Yesterday was a bad smoke day, stayed inside mostly and decided to watch a movie.  Selected "I See You".  HH looked just like that picture.  The only way you could tell it was her was by the voice.  Awful job.

She is nearly unrecognizable in the series World on Fire running on PBS where she plays an American journalist in Berlin. But I think she’s wearing prosthetic facial features. 

11 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I like her work.

Society puts so much pressure on women and their looks.  :angry:

It isn't just chicks, but dudes, too.  That said, if you are a celebrity because of a combination of looks and talent and lose one of them, there are plenty of people jostling to replace you.  If you ONLY have looks, you don't have options if you want to stay in the public eye; you absolutely have to get the surgery, and lots of it.

• Heart 1

14 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

I like her work.

Society puts so much pressure on women and their looks.  :angry:

Agreed.  

And my personal opinion for @Goat Geddah, Helen Hunt didn’t ask your opinion or for your approval.  She made the choice for whatever reason(s) she had and that’s really none of our business.

We all make choices regarding ourselves and our appearances. What we think of those choices for ourselves is all that really counts. 

• Awesome 1

On 9/15/2020 at 10:12 AM, Zealot said:

Agreed.  

And my personal opinion for @Goat Geddah, Helen Hunt didn’t ask your opinion or for your approval.  She made the choice for whatever reason(s) she had and that’s really none of our business.

Public figures making large changes will be noticed and commented on, as they always have and always will.  Celebrity get surgery?  Sure, we'd notice the same if they got fat or lost tons of weight or their teeth started falling out or somesuch.   Virtue signalling in this instance is not a reasonable response.

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Sure, we'd notice the same if they got fat or lost tons of weight or their teeth started falling out or somesuch. 

Christian Bale is NUTS with the gaining and losing weight nonsense!  Pick a weight and STICK TO IT!

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Public figures making large changes will be noticed and commented on, as they always have and always will.  Celebrity get surgery?  Sure, we'd notice the same if they got fat or lost tons of weight or their teeth started falling out or somesuch.   Virtue signalling in this instance is not a reasonable response.

@Randomguy, mostly I simply ignore you. But I am making an exception today.

‘Virtue Signaling”? I had to look that one up. Interesting interpretation, and I’m not surprised you inferred such, but not correct. And whether or not someone is a public figure, or somehow in the news, does that provide license to treat them any differently than we should treat anyone else? I don’t believe so. 

Negative or hurtful comments, especially those that are subjective, about another’s appearance are never really justified. Sure, people make them all the time. And I have done so as well. Far more times than I could count. But they’re still never justified. And to use the ‘they’re a celebrity’ reasoning is a cheap cop out in my opinion. And I am hopefully not doing that any longer. 

But you and I seldom agree, and I do not care for the argument. So I will leave it at that. 

@Goat Geddah, honestly I read the original post and my thoughts were along the line of “how would you feel if you read something similar regarding your wife or your daughter or another you cared about? How would they feel? Especially when in they’re own mind, they were attempting to improve something about themself that they were unhappy with?” And even more self searching, would you(or I or anyone else) make those comments directly to her if you were talking to her, especially knowing how they’d hurt?

It would be foolish of me to assume that people will always respond positively to things. And I don’t expect that. But I acknowledge that when someone goes to that extent because they are unhappy with their appearance, then it’s a pretty deep issue for them.

Telling someone the truth of how you may feel regarding these issues can be done and, in my opinion, should be done gracefully and ‘in love’, when done, considering empathy for our fellow humans.  But there are two old adages that my mom used to try to teach us:

If you can’t say something nice, say nothing.

If you’re not willing to say something directly to someone’s face, then don’t say it behind their back.

Goat, it’s a heart issue because Ive seen the effects personally. I have no beef with you. It’s just sometimes things are a little more emotional than others.

• Awesome 2

32 minutes ago, Zealot said:

‘Virtue Signaling”? I had to look that one up. Interesting interpretation, and I’m not surprised you inferred such, but not correct. And whether or not someone is a public figure, or somehow in the news, does that provide license to treat them any differently than we should treat anyone else? I don’t believe so. 

Negative or hurtful comments, especially those that are subjective, about another’s appearance are never really justified. Sure, people make them all the time. And I have done so as well. Far more times than I could count. But they’re still never justified. And to use the ‘they’re a celebrity’ reasoning is a cheap cop out in my opinion. And I am hopefully not doing that any longer. 

Oh boy!  You're lucky Wilbur isn't here to label you an SJW!!!!!!

In RG's defense, his posts are way more than just sexist drivel.  Lots are sexist drivel, but definitely not a majority and you will miss some good ones if you ignore him!

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Oh boy!  You're lucky Wilbur isn't here to label you an SJW!!!!!!

In RG's defense, his posts are way more than just sexist drivel.  Lots are sexist drivel, but definitely not a majority and you will miss some good ones if you ignore him!

😂. I’ve been ‘labeled’ many things over the years....

No need to defend Randomguy. He and I simply have conflicting core issues that have a very long history. 

I think we mutually avoid each other, mostly.  

Peace

• Heart 2

There are some older celebrities, usually women, who are doing a guest appearance on a show, a commercial, etc. and I think I know that face from somewhere.

Then it hits me with a shock who they are: their skin is so stretched from bad plastic surgery that their eyes and lips are so different they're almost unrecognizable and much less attractive.

1 hour ago, ChrisL said:

Oh yeah I forgot about that movie.... Parts of it were filmed on the lot while I was there. On one particularly stressful day I was taking a breather by walking the back lot.  There are numerous travel trailers parked back there that are assigned to the actors so they can chill out when not shooting. Of course none have a name on them, just a number so I don’t know who is in them. 

So I’m walking back there collecting my thoughts and out of one of these trailers  right where I am walking comes Jack Nicholson!  We strike up a short conversation and he shakes my hand, gives me a pat on the shoulder. I had made a funny comment as we were shaking hands and walks off with that distinctive laugh.  

That was a cool chance encounter.

That’s pretty awesome, Chris!  Very cool!