do you know anyone that is positive for COVID right now?

Airehead

Daughter#3 teaches at a pre-school.  During the summer she has nanny gigs and house sitting while the school is closed.  A couple weeks ago she was taking care of some of her regular kids.  The story is, an aunt was sick and wanted to get rid of her kids for a few days so she sends them to stay with my daughter's charges.  WHO DOES THAT? The aunt tested positive, her kids became ill and tested positive, the cousins (daughter's charges) became ill and tested positive, the parents tested positive but were asymptomatic.  Daughter#3 never got tested nor became ill but isolated herself for a couple weeks.  Again, WHO DOES THAT?

Back in late March a friend who travels internationally a lot for work became real sick along with his wife.  This was back in the very early days if testing - only the ones hospitalized were tested.  His PCP did not want him in his office.  No testing was available for him anyway.  Based on the fever and other symptoms the doctor told him he was sure it was COVID and to isolate for 14 days and go to the ER if the breathing became unbearable.   Both he and his wife recovered.  I never heard if he had an antigen test.  Their son never developed symptoms.

• Heart 1

My SiL had it - got it from workmates.  She is in 30s  and recovered seemingly fine.  Her grandfather got it (unrelated) and died from it. 

I'd say, with asymptomatic folks especially in my age and younger, that most of us have known and interacted with tons of folks who have had COVID.  It's a crap shoot how you will be affected if exposed long enough and actually catch it. 

• Hugs 1

5 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

Now?  No

Had it and recovered?  3

Died?  No

Actually, it was 4.

1.  BIL...caught it at a funeral early on.  Got quite sick for 2 + weeks.  Didn't require hospitalization.  Back to normal.

2. BIL's wife.  Same funeral.  Case was mild.

3.  Friend.  Caught it early on in an ENT's doctor waiting room.  Violently sick for 2 days.  Back to normal.

4.  Friend.  Caught it from his elderly mother (nursing home...she died).  He was sick for 2 days.  Not hospitalized.  Back to normal.

• Hugs 1

Just now, Goat Geddah said:

Actually, it was 4.

1.  BIL...caught it at a funeral early on.  Got quite sick for 2 + weeks.  Didn't require hospitalization.  Back to normal.

2. BIL's wife.  Same funeral.  Case was mild.

3.  Friend.  Caught it early on in an ENT's doctor waiting room.  Violently sick for 2 days.  Back to normal.

4.  Friend.  Caught it from his elderly mother (nursing home...she died).  He was sick for 2 days.  Not hospitalized.  Back to normal.

Actually it was 5.

5.  Golfing acquaintance grandson.  Was mildly sick early on.  Later his parents had him tested for anti-bodies, which he had.  None of his 3 siblings or parents or grandparents tested positive for the anti-bodies. 

• Heart 1

People at Mom’s place got it several months ago. Residents and staff. 16 total I think. Eight residents went to the hospital, two returned. No one there currently has the ‘rona. A former coworker’s mother is in a different assisted living place nearby. She was diagnosed, went to the hospital, recovered and is back at assisted living. 

• Sad 1

Several weeks ago, my niece informed me my sister tested positive, soon after she fell, suffered a brain bleed, and then had a stroke. She is in a care facility, and I've not heard anything since, and may not.

I knew and visited infrequently with the fellow in town that tested positive and died.

• Sad 3

8 minutes ago, donkpow said:

None of the above. Given my experience, I should be one of those conspiracy theorists that proclaims the "pandemic" a ruse by the Democrats to unseat the President. But I am not.

P.S. This is not a political thread, either.

Yes it is.  Stop it.

#reported

• Heart 1

Early on a fellow tradesman got it. I had not heard from him for quite a while. He spent 3 weeks in the hospital. ICU I think. Then came home weak & tired. 

the 'rona went through my dispatchers family. Wife & 1 kid. He has a 3 year old too. I don't think the baby got it. Dispatcher isolated but was still able to work

• Sad 1

Nobody in my family has gotten it so far.  A very good friend thinks she and her mother had it (she visited her mom in England in February) and was sick for about a month, never got tested.  One of our doormen had it, was out for a month, 3 people at work tested positive.  A contractor's father had it and was hospitalized in June, negative now but has lingering effects supposedly.

In early April, there was a site that was showing NYC deaths per zipcode, and I seem to remember that there were 194 covid deaths in my several square-blocks zipcode then.  Cases and deaths are way down in NYC now, because the population mostly (with some glaring exceptions) didn't listen to bad national advice and instead listened and acted on good local science-based advice.

• Sad 1

Daughter #1 who is a health care worker had it, her husband thinks he had it, and his sister who is a healthcare worker had it and her husband thinks he had it.  All were mild to moderate symptoms and have recovered, AFAWK.  I came back negative on an antibody test a couple months ago.

Oh, my wife's uncle who was in his 90s and in some kind of nursing home got it and died.  He was very frail before.  No funeral or memorial service yet.

• Sad 2