This must have been SW, but I thought it would be smudge

Ralphie

4 hours ago, Longjohn said:

After hunting all morning one day I sat down and leaned up against a tree and fell asleep. When I woke up I saw fresh tracks in the snow. Large bear tracks walked right up to me and turned around and walked away. That was the last time I took a nap in the woods.

You didn't have any hummingbear juice on ya. Bear decided, "Psht! I'm outta here."

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Too tough to eat.

That same year I was hunting later in the day almost quitting time and I shot a deer. I was pretty sure I had a good hit but it ran into the pines where the bears had a den. I followed the tracks back into the pines but it was getting dark. I walked back home and went back in the morning. If I would have followed those tracks a little bit further I would have found my deer. It was lying there with it’s hind quarter already eaten by the bears. I checked on it every day that week and in four days it was completely eaten except for one hoof. They ate the bones, the fur, the guts, everything. The bear scat was all around the kill and it had fur and sharp pieces of bone in it. I don’t know how they can pass those sharp bone fragments but they did. That could have been me. :runcirclsmiley:

• Heart 1