Plum Crazy

maddmaxx

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I even tried to use different white balance on the camera.  It's really purple, very much like the Dodge color Plum Crazy from back in the day, but my stupid camera is getting edgy on me and seeing blue.

I had a 70 Charger - Plum Crazy with black vinyl top and matte black stripes. I'm just color blind enough that I didn't see the purple unless it was next to a blue car. 

My 99 Dakota is Deep Amethyst. Depending on the light, it looks blue, purple or black. WoW loves purple and always called it our purple truck. The clear coat started peeling within warranty. The district rep for Dodge authorized a full repaint. The guy at the body shop remembered me saying she loves purple, so he mixed in extra purple flecks when he mixed the paint. Apparently a street rodder saw it when he was painting it. Wanted that color on his 32 ford with 392 hemi with mint green flames. Sounds weird until you see it! We are the only 2 with that paint formula on vehicles! 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, groupw said:

I had a 70 Charger - Plum Crazy with black vinyl top and matte black stripes. I'm just color blind enough that I didn't see the purple unless it was next to a blue car. 

My 99 Dakota is Deep Amethyst. Depending on the light, it looks blue, purple or black. WoW loves purple and always called it our purple truck. The clear coat started peeling within warranty. The district rep for Dodge authorized a full repaint. The guy at the body shop remembered me saying she loves purple, so he mixed in extra purple flecks when he mixed the paint. Apparently a street rodder saw it when he was painting it. Wanted that color on his 32 ford with 392 hemi with mint green flames. Sounds weird until you see it! We are the only 2 with that paint formula on vehicles! 

Dodge repainted the Daytona several times.  The black paint would strip off the bottom of the wing at speeds approaching 140.  :o  The lower front panels would chuck paint sections at any time because the metal appeared to be some sort of galvanized.

• Heart 1