9/15/2020 miles and such

JerrySTL

202.6.  Most of the California Triple Crown series rides were cancelled this year, but, they have been replaced by "virtual" doubles.  You can ride a Zwift ride, or your own route.  Your route must be 200 miles, and different rides have different requirements for the amount of climbing.  For the Beach City double century the virtual requirement was 200 miles and 7000 ft of elevation gain.  A fellow club member of ours runs the Arizona brevets for Randonneurs USA (RUSA).  He is also in the CTC Hall of Fame, so, he added extra miles to his 300K routes to get to 200 miles.  We rode a route from Flagstaff to Leupp (on the Navajo reservation) to Winslow to Clints Well, then back to Flag. Ridewithgps had 7232 feet of gain, but, when I got back to the start my Wahoo was only showing 6856 ft...so... I did a couple of hill repeats. I will add some pics later

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

31 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

202.6.  Most of the California Triple Crown series rides were cancelled this year, but, they have been replaced by "virtual" doubles.  You can ride a Zwift ride, or your own route.  Your route must be 200 miles, and different rides have different requirements for the amount of climbing.  For the Beach City double century the virtual requirement was 200 miles and 7000 ft of elevation gain.  A fellow club member of ours runs the Arizona brevets for Randonneurs USA (RUSA).  He is also in the CTC Hall of Fame, so, he added extra miles to his 300K routes to get to 200 miles.  We rode a route from Flagstaff to Leupp (on the Navajo reservation) to Winslow to Clints Well, then back to Flag. Ridewithgps had 7232 feet of gain, but, when I got back to the start my Wahoo was only showing 6856 ft...so... I did a couple of hill repeats. I will add some pics later

Congrats! I thought that I have a shot at the Strava SW group mileage this week as my Katy Trail tour is going to be about 230 miles. You deserve it after doing a double century plusafew more miles. A second or even third place will be an accomplishment for me.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Congrats! I thought that I have a shot at the Strava SW group mileage this week as my Katy Trail tour is going to be about 230 miles. You deserve it after doing a double century plusafew more miles. A second or even third place will be an accomplishment for me.

Now you tell us?!?!?!  I'm sure @bikeman564™ and I would have executed Operation Stop Jerry had we known earlier!!!  I didn't even ride today because tomorrow looks nicer, but had I knoow I needed to pump up my mileage, I might have ridden anyway :D

• Haha 2