Mini vacation starts in 4 hours 55 minutes

BuffJim

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

@BuffJim, did you eat great Italian food in Rome?  We had fabulous dinners there while on the bike trip. 

No. Ate half a ham sub at a Thruway rest stop. I got in at 9 and didn’t want to try to track down a restaurant at that hour.  Friday morning free breakfast at the motel was one of the worst meals ever. Getting decent food in Lake Placid and Saranac Lake. 

Having a couple beers here before hitting the Redneck Bistro for bbq. 

08C157F4-878C-403D-8664-066527746B7E.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:08 PM, BuffJim said:

Made it to the hotel in Rome. Naturally they’re not showing the Browns game. 

Tomorrow I head into the mountains. Have 4 days of hiking and birdwatching planned. Tomorrow is Moss Lake trail near Old Forge NY.

Then off to Lake Placid.  

Drive a little further west from Moss Lake and you can do the Stillwater Mt. fire tower. Only a mile hike up but great views. 

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

A few minutes later. Smells of Folgers wafting through the house. Growing up we were strictly a Maxwell House. Somewhere over the years they switched to Folgers. In between we’re some years of fancy stuff, Jamaica Blue Mountain and Hawaii Kona coffee. 

5FA68889-AE90-482B-9B79-886F3AF30BE4.jpeg

That looks like Moses burning bush. That tree burns without being consumed.

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Last day of trip. Leaving my parents.  Headed to Montezuma National Wildlife Refuge.  Then on home. Sunrise at my parents backyard. 

8ED92D53-4693-4CF7-8E85-4049AE00DEDE.jpeg

Are your parents really really short?  That covered picnic ares looks like something you'd hit your head in pretty easily.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Are your parents really really short?  That covered picnic ares looks like something you'd hit your head in pretty easily.

It’s a woodshed. Never hosted a picnic in there. My dad is well over 5 foot tall. My mom used to be, but probably goes about 4’10” now.