9/17 miles

Square Wheels

The usual 1 1/2 mile walk with the dogs.

Later we went to the river (Allen Park) with the dogs, and walked another 8/10 of a mile.  Bella wanted to chase the geese again.

Then... we decided to walk the Ottawa River Walk too. Another 1 1/2 miles.

Bella & Parker haven't moved very often since we got home. 

• Heart 1

The rain in the forecast was bumped out until 6pm, so I hopped on the bike at 4:15.  Of course, around 5:30, the rain started :D

There is a dour couple who ride together in their full local team kits.  I usually pass them going in the other direction, but over the years have passed/been passed by them and always say hello.  Anyway, the wife ALWAYS sits on the husband's wheel - for the entire ride as far as I can tell.  I find that bizarre and off-putting, but it's their ride and maybe they have some odd reasoning for it.  Anyway, rolling home, they caught and passed me on a nice downhill stretch, and as they rolled past, I said hi to each of them.  NOTHING.  No acknowledgement at all.

Anyway, I had just been noodling anyway (noodle pace is 140-150 HR for me), so I chose to go from "noodle" to "needle" and began needling them by sitting back about 30' and matching their speed.  Ah, so much distress for some folks to have a shadow.  I'm a dick, but I still enjoyed it.  As @ChrisL will tell you, there are some serious douchy roadies out there, so sometimes I return the asshattery right back to them.

And to top it off, HE hides his Strava rides, but SHE pops us as "riding with me" :)  Too funny.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

The rain in the forecast was bumped out until 6pm, so I hopped on the bike at 4:15.  Of course, around 5:30, the rain started :D

There is a dour couple who ride together in their full local team kits.  I usually pass them going in the other direction, but over the years have passed/been passed by them and always say hello.  Anyway, the wife ALWAYS sits on the husband's wheel - for the entire ride as far as I can tell.  I find that bizarre and off-putting, but it's their ride and maybe they have some odd reasoning for it.  Anyway, rolling home, they caught and passed me on a nice downhill stretch, and as they rolled past, I said hi to each of them.  NOTHING.  No acknowledgement at all.

Anyway, I had just been noodling anyway (noodle pace is 140-150 HR for me), so I chose to go from "noodle" to "needle" and began needling them by sitting back about 30' and matching their speed.  Ah, so much distress for some folks to have a shadow.  I'm a dick, but I still enjoyed it.  As @ChrisL will tell you, there are some serious douchy roadies out there, so sometimes I return the asshattery right back to them.

And to top it off, HE hides his Strava rides, but SHE pops us as "riding with me" :)  Too funny.

I have been riding every Thursday night with my sisters former boyfriend my “cycling mentor”.   He cleaned up a 25 YO HT and I have been taking him on some fun dirt rides.

I let him take the lead on this single track so he doesn’t have to worry about keeping up & can rest  when he wants.  So were noodling along and I see a shadow under me so look back.  I see a rider behind me so I call out for Bob to pull over at the next opportunity.

Dude behind says yeah man all good and thanks us for pulling over.  Stud XC guy who pedaled out of sight in an instant.

This is a typical off road experience for me!

• Heart 1