I was bored today

BR46

1 minute ago, BR46 said:

I have more photos if you want to see them 

More    more    more    more    more.

With regard to the mini, I just don't understand how people can shift with their left hand.  Mine doesn't work that way.  Next question:  is their shift pattern reversed or do they have to pull the shifter toward then as well as forward on the 2/3 shift?

5 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

With regard to the mini, I just don't understand how people can shift with their left hand.  Mine doesn't work that way.  Next question:  is their shift pattern reversed or do they have to pull the shifter toward then as well as forward on the 2/3 shift?

I don't know....why are you asking me. I race motorcycle with a sequential shift gear box.

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

My son has been on mission trips overseas where the traffic is crazy, you drive on the wrong side of the road and the rental car has a six speed manual. You have to pay attention to what you are doing.

17 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Pretty sure most run the standard H patterns. Our rental in the Caymans was RHD, but automatic. Took a bit to get used to shifting with the left hand, but not a big deal. Took me most of the week to getting used to the turn signals/wiper being reversed!

22 hours ago, Airehead said:

Sounds like a lovely day. I love antique motorcycles especially 

If you love old motorcycles then you need to make the trip to the Barber vintage festival next year for the vintage festival. 

• Heart 2

11 hours ago, BR46 said:

Got a text from some friends that were in town for the races so we met up with them in downtown Elkhart Lake. You see some pretty amazing cars in town on race weekends. 

20200919_194947.thumb.jpg.7684b58afd9595cf25c66da501aaf693.jpg

I love how creative people can be, figuring out how to move stuff that their vehicle was never designed to move. While at a Miata get together, we were discussing luggage/bike racks and such. When they asked how we transported our bicycles and larger items, I showed them a picture of our SUV. :D

• Heart 1

27 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I meant to ask you if he knows any of the Chevy engineers from the commercial. :D

The whole thing is a bit misleading because Chevy doesn’t have any engineers. There are people assigned to work on Chevrolet projects but none work for Chevrolet technically.  They work for GM or GM Powertrain or GM noise and vibration, etc...  Around 1985, GM eliminates specific engineering divisions for car name plates. Chevrolet is marketing. 

I think j that is a yes he does. 

• Heart 1

On 9/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, maddmaxx said:

It isn't hard at all. The shift pattern is the same. WoJSTL and I had no problems adapting when we moved to England. Of course we are shifty people.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

On 9/18/2020 at 4:34 PM, maddmaxx said:

With regard to the mini, I just don't understand how people can shift with their left hand.

I've road motorcycles with the shift on the opposite side. The old Triumph, BSA and Harley Sportsters had right foot shift. That screws me up more than switching from standard shift to GP shift (reverse shifting pattern used in racing).