Data revisited.

maddmaxx

The following is a data trace of one of my RC drag race runs gone bad.

No photo description available.

The double hump from the 6 second mark to just past 9 seconds should be a single hump but somewhere after the first second the car shut down and then took off again.  Things that the traces show you are the upper red line (battery voltage) showing a normal small sag as the green line jumps up to 75 amps.  The blue horse power line never lives up to potential, peaking at less than 0.7 hp.  The line that showed us the problem however was the black line (throttle input) that starts out in the middle of the trace, goes up at the start of the run and suddenly drops back, not to neutral throttle but to no throttle signal at all. The implication is that the receiver shut down completely and then reset and worked again about 1 second later.  I believe the problem was traced to the power level set to low for the receiver under load coupled with a buffer ckt in the power line going to the receiver at the computer hook up.  For tomorrow's racing, the power level is set a volt and a half higher and the buffer has been removed from the ckt so the computer cannot be hooked up till the Engine control is unplugged from the receiver.

Other things of note.....the throttle signal going down below neutral at the end of the run when the brakes were used to slow the car.  Also, all the little jigglies after the 13 second mark are the return drive back to the start line and pits.

I didn't have this much data back when I raced the full sized cars.  Ain't modern technology great.