I just watched an episode of tv where a character states that nothing good ever happens after 2:00AM

Randomguy

....I think 2am was when they used to shut down the D.C. bars in Georgetown, when I was a cab driver in D.C..

So I had lots of good things happen after last call, and that was usually when I made my last run, made a bunch of money, and then went home around 2:30 or 3.

At least one of those times, some gay guys invited me up to get stoned, and a gay midget came on to me.  That is a good thing, if only for the story value.

And I can recall one night on my last run when some chick was trying desperately to shed her date, so I told him he was gonna be the first person I dropped off. She was so grateful, she rode home with me after that and we had meaningless casual sex.  Probably not a good thing, but it seemed like it was at the time.

I think whoever said that might not be open to all the possibilities life has to offer us.:(

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Do you find this is true?

I have had many good things happen to me after 2:00am, but mostly when I was younger.  Now I just get tired from staying up late (but I still do it).

So, 2am to midnight?  22 hours of nothing good?  Seems a bit crazy.

Or more like 2am to 6am? 7am?

But yeah, if you get a phone call or knock on the door at 3am, that is NOT good news.

Unless someone in the family is pregnant and due any minute.

Yeah I heard that before too but I don’t know how true it is.  We used to see an uptick in DUI’s from about 1 AM to 3 AM.  

That I remember 9 PM to about midnight was the most active period and then calls would slow down except for the drunks going home but those were Officer initiated & not dispatched.