My new neighbor told me more about our new neighborhood

Dirtyhip

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Get good locks and an alarm system?  You have bikes to protect!

...why would kids who are criminals and thieves pay any attention to bicycles ?:huh:  Seriously, though, a couple of locals like that can turn building a house into a nightmare. They cruise through your home in progress looking for tools that are not taken home with you at night, and often use your under construction home as a place to party and smoke the killer weed.  I think I'd invest early in a video surveillance system that broadcasts in real time to your home computer, and stores the images.

You need something to show the cops besides your suspicions.

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

The people in the house that the parole visited are a little loony.  This is the house across the street. I guess her kids are criminals and thieves.  This would explain why parole was seen at that house.  Luckily there is probably 3+ acres between us and that neighbor

There was an armed standoff about 2 blocks away where some guy killed someone's dog, shot another person and barricaded himself in the house. 

She said everyone else is pretty good.  She told me that the county will not maintain our road, even though it is on our taxes.

Her dog is a beagle.   The lady has a new 4 week old baby.  She seems very normal and nice.

That is all for now. 

I take it she had all her teeth and stuff.  That sort of normal?

• Haha 2