Is The Yard Work Done For The Year?

Razors Edge

I don't do yard work.  I spend my weekends and evenings doing fun stuff, so I'm really not in tune with the rhythms of being tied to yard work.  Does the blessed arrival of Autumn free you folks to go out and enjoy the shorter days during the few sunlit hours and warmish temps?

Just now, jsharr said:

Nope.  Grass grows until October or November in Texas.  Will have to mow two more times I imagine.  Then time to prune while oaks and crepe myrtles are dormant Dec - Feb.

I bet @donkpow (or even @DonkeyDong!) will trade you a glamping experience for some help pruning stuff!  He might even have a chipper in his garage!

Pfffft NO.

Grass to cut for the next several weeks, beds to put to bed (trimming ornamental grasses and such), mountains of leaves to clear starting in about 4 weeks (later every year).  Some of the elm leaves were coming down this weekend.  I have tree limb to trim and maybe a couple trees to fell.  I dropped a 70 ft elm on Saturday that is cleaned up and stacked for the future owner.

Lots of yard stuff to do yet.

Will need to mow a couple more times and finish putting the gardens to bed. Will cut a few loads of dead locust to burn this fall and need to move firewood into the shed. 

5 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The only person here who can truthfully answer yes is @Kzoo, no matter what time of year you ask.

I'm guessing @Randomguy can relate.  I wonder if he has any gutters to clean out or a reason to bring out the 30' extension ladder and check the roof?

It was over before I started. 2 words...Lawn Service. BAM!

Ok, I did take out about half the sunflowers & tied up the rest. And trimmed some little bushes next to the patio walk. All to get ready for selling the house. It goes live on MLS on Friday. That not soccer either.  The lawn service gets through about end of October. There is usually 1 rake job after they end. A few garbage cans that i dump in the empty lot across the street

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

Yeah I probably have a mow or two -- and that's just to cut the heads off the dandylions.

Ohhh, if the house is going on the market those dandilions have to go. First impressions. I's suggest a do over. Till it up & throw some sod out there. Plant a few shrubs. Curb appeal

Assume that you will spend elenventy to get the house in shape for the market

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

It was over before I started. 2 words...Lawn Service. BAM!

Ok, I did take out about half the sunflowers & tied up the rest. And trimmed some little bushes next to the patio walk. All to get ready for selling the house. It goes live on MLS on Friday. That not soccer either.  The lawn service gets through about end of October. There is usually 1 rake job after they end. A few garbage cans that i dump in the empty lot across the street

I just mowed down the sweet corn. I went over it about four times. I mowed part of the yard. It’s supposed to be nice all week, I’ll work at it. Today we had lots of hospice visits.  Now I need To go make supper.

3 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

Ohhh, if the house is going on the market those dandilions have to go. First impressions. I's suggest a do over. Till it up & throw some sod out there. Plant a few shrubs. Curb appeal

Assume that you will spend elenventy to get the house in shape for the market

Oh I have already spent $5 grand on landscaping. Cutting the dandylion heads is the fun part.