Flu shot

petitepedal

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Who even gets the flu????  Seems like a needless shot. Sort of like tetanus or diphtheria!!! WTF is diphtheria???? Ever spoken to someone and they said, "I got a bad case of diphtheria and really regret not getting the vaccine!"????

They certainly don’t say that about tetanus. Mostly they just drool and have difficulty breathing.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

I never had one. I had the flu once in 46 years. I'll play the odds.

Here is where everyone gives you a hard time for being an antivaxer bastard who hates puppies and people from other races without remembering stuff.

I said I was forever done with the flu shot, but I am reconsidering because I would hate to get the flu and covid at the same time, I am sure it would be my demise.  I would just hope that it is more than 50% effective (which historically it is not).  I am still on the fence.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I would just hope that it is more than 50% effective (which historically it is not).  I am still on the fence.

Ed Zachery.  The shot is not good for all strains of the flu, only the one(s) that thought to be widespread. It's a gamble. Anywho, I'm oot.

10 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Who even gets the flu????  Seems like a needless shot. Sort of like tetanus or diphtheria!!! WTF is diphtheria???? Ever spoken to someone and they said, "I got a bad case of diphtheria and really regret not getting the vaccine!"????

Luckily no to diphtheria. Yes to others thanks to antivaxers whose  children  end up at my school. 

• Sad 1

On 9/22/2020 at 10:31 AM, Razors Edge said:

Are you one of those Auntie Vaxers?

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I get the flu shot because having the flu really sucks and I had it a few times before shots became common. 
I ally’s worry aboot not having had a tetanus shot for while. It was nice when I was a card carrying tetanus shot holder, so I could impale myself on rusty nails with impunity. :D

I was immortal once.  I started getting the annual flu shot when I started hanging around with chemo patients with depressed immune systems.  Seems to have been common sense, and since I don't know who I might infect in the future should I get sick I now get the shot every year anyway.  I will probably do the same with the covid vaccine once one has been determined by scientists, not politicians or company ceo's, to be safe.

3 hours ago, 12string said:

There's near zero chance of anything but a little pinch as a downside.

WRONG!  When I got the shot, I would get flu-like symptoms for about a week, same intensity.  It sucked, and happened three years in a row.  As a bonus, I also got the flu later on each year I got the shot.  That also sucked.  There is considerably more downside to people who get bad reactions.

17 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

WRONG!  When I got the shot, I would get flu-like symptoms for about a week, same intensity.  It sucked, and happened three years in a row.  As a bonus, I also got the flu later on each year I got the shot.  That also sucked.  There is considerably more downside to people who get bad reactions.

At least you know now. 

I haven't had a flu shot.  I have had flu in different years..sometimes enough coughing/sniffles.

I'm afraid of a bad reaction.