It is going to be a shit show

Parr8hed

I hear what everyone is saying about "right to protest".  But I feel like we tried that.  And it didn't work.  Downtown Lville has been set on fire, windows broken, things destroyed, businesses closing left and right.  The people that live and work here are done with it.  DONE.  I don't care what the news is showing.  THIS IS NOT PEACEFUL.  And I don't care if it's black people, white people, BLM, KKK, whoever is doing it.  It needs to stop.  I am 110% behind the cops here.  Curfews were made and enforced.  Good for them.  The people that have come to our city from other places need to go home.  The people that are just here strictly to cause trouble need to be dealt with.  Look at Portland.  Look at Minneapolis.  This is what happens when you let things get out of hand.   

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

33 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I hear what everyone is saying about "right to protest".  But I feel like we tried that.  And it didn't work.  Downtown Lville has been set on fire, windows broken, things destroyed, businesses closing left and right.  The people that live and work here are done with it.  DONE.  I don't care what the news is showing.  THIS IS NOT PEACEFUL.  And I don't care if it's black people, white people, BLM, KKK, whoever is doing it.  It needs to stop.  I am 110% behind the cops here.  Curfews were made and enforced.  Good for them.  The people that have come to our city from other places need to go home.  The people that are just here strictly to cause trouble need to be dealt with.  Look at Portland.  Look at Minneapolis.  This is what happens when you let things get out of hand.   

Hmm, Portland is doing just fine according to all sources, trouble was centered around the courthouse and other trouble seems to be massively exaggerated or fabricated or instigated by right wing groups, get this, coming from other cities.  Not sure about Minneapolis, maybe Petite can fill us in?  

In NYC, it always seems to be hyper-aggressive police tactics that spur more protests, so in rebuttal, I can say that we tried the aggressive police tactics and curfews, and it didn't work.  All NYC residents have seen this or are aware of it (through vetted reputable sources and first-hand accounts) or have experienced it, and in your words and all caps THE POLICE ARE NOT PEACEFUL and a lot of people are done with it.  DONE.  

It does need to stop, but the police are getting worse, causing the most upset to protest more until something changes, and giving fuel to the most upset and spurring violence, so everyone is acting like shitheels.  Dumb tactics all around.  I am 110% behind the overwhelming numbers of people upset by the police tactics and violence and over-violent treatment of black folks by the cops.  Also pissed off at the bad cops and violent instigators among the protestors, plus the stupid shit coming from the stupid pus-bag and repeated by the spineless and the dim to whip things even more into frenzy.

Also, while I mentioned the RWNJ's coming to instigate from far afield, some protestors are also coming from outside the city.  I do understand that many podunk towns don't have the population to stage protests (or instigate bs), so they come to be heard where there are more people.  Coming from a small town an hour or two away doesn't invalidate anything, it just shows the level of frustration on all sides, no matter how right or wrong anyone thinks they are.

I think you are right in that most people want this to stop, but will they if nothing changes?

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Hmm, Portland is doing just fine according to all sources, trouble was centered around the courthouse and other trouble seems to be massively exaggerated or fabricated or instigated by right wing groups, get this, coming from other cities.  Not sure about Minneapolis, maybe Petite can fill us in?  

In NYC, it always seems to be hyper-aggressive police tactics that spur more protests, so in rebuttal, I can say that we tried the aggressive police tactics and curfews, and it didn't work.  All NYC residents have seen this or are aware of it (through vetted reputable sources and first-hand accounts) or have experienced it, and in your words and all caps THE POLICE ARE NOT PEACEFUL and a lot of people are done with it.  DONE.  

It does need to stop, but the police are getting worse, causing the most upset to protest more until something changes, and giving fuel to the most upset and spurring violence, so everyone is acting like shitheels.  Dumb tactics all around.  I am 110% behind the overwhelming numbers of people upset by the police tactics and violence and over-violent treatment of black folks by the cops.  Also pissed off at the bad cops and violent instigators among the protestors, plus the stupid shit coming from the stupid pus-bag and repeated by the spineless and the dim to whip things even more into frenzy.

Also, while I mentioned the RWNJ's coming to instigate from far afield, some protestors are also coming from outside the city.  I do understand that many podunk towns don't have the population to stage protests (or instigate bs), so they come to be heard where there are more people.  Coming from a small town an hour or two away doesn't invalidate anything, it just shows the level of frustration on all sides, no matter how right or wrong anyone thinks they are.

I think you are right in that most people want this to stop, but will they if nothing changes?

That seems to be a pretty well thought out response.  Gives me pause to think.  I don't 100% agree with it, but I can see where you are coming from.  I wish that I knew what the answer was.  I don't feel like letting people destroy our town is the answer. 

Just now, Parr8hed said:

That seems to be a pretty well thought out response.  Gives me pause to think.  I don't 100% agree with it, but I can see where you are coming from.  I wish that I knew what the answer was.  I don't feel like letting people destroy our town is the answer. 

There are certainly regional differences, and impartial news doesn't get everywhere.  Cops are in a no-win situation, the oppressed aren't seeing any better treatment and feel that they are in a constant-lose situation, and no one gets a break.  In the pressure cooker, things get hot unless pressure is released somehow.  No central leadership or efforts to do anything other than ramp it up hurts everyone's efforts to decompress.   When bad people are in charge, bad things keep happening.

I hope it changes after the election, but I am not banking on it.  <sigh>

Just now, Randomguy said:

There are certainly regional differences, and impartial news doesn't get everywhere.  Cops are in a no-win situation, the oppressed aren't seeing any better treatment and feel that they are in a constant-lose situation, and no one gets a break.  In the pressure cooker, things get hot unless pressure is released somehow.  No central leadership or efforts to do anything other than ramp it up hurts everyone's efforts to decompress.   When bad people are in charge, bad things keep happening.

I hope it changes after the election, but I am not banking on it.  <sigh>

I feel like the election is partially to blame for a lot of this.  The election itself is a no-win situation.  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Frankly you are right.  Protest is protest and rioting is rioting.  IMO this may not have been the case to hang the BLM hat on.  There is too much conflicting information flying around.  It's beginning to look like the riots are just knee jerks based on past cases, many of which were valid.  The police were wrong yesterday though to stop the peaceful protest.  That just set off the rioters who probably didn't need anything more anyway.

• Heart 1

On 9/22/2020 at 9:07 AM, Dirtyhip said:

I hope they indite them for murder.  She was in bed.  They were at fault.  If not murder, manslaughter. 

Whoever ordered them to invade the home that way, breaking down the door without a knock is who I see as the most at fault.  If the cops didn't make it clear who they were they're also at fault. Clearly the woman's boyfriend was brandishing a gun before the cops started firing or he wouldn't have had time to get the gun so, in my mind, I don't know the exact timeline of events so I'm not sure how wrong the police were to fire.

Note that while 25 Black people were killed at the hands of police in 2019, 48 cops were killed trying to make arrests and 55 cops in 2018 - a much bigger %age of the police than of Blacks.

When the police are sent on raids, their hearts must be in their throats. We expect them to get criminals off the street and have to realize it's a dangerous job.

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Frankly you are right.  Protest is protest and rioting is rioting.  IMO this may not have been the case to hang the BLM hat on.  There is too much conflicting information flying around.  It's beginning to look like the protests are just knee jerks based on past cases, many of which were valid.

Everyone is reacting to the confluence of events and are just all pissed off about everything.  The pandemic, the non-response and purposeful (or delusional) misinformation, the loss of jobs, crap civil treatment of citizens, and the outright dishonesty of leadership.  Now is seems that peaceful protests happen on the weekends and before dark, and jackholes come out after to mess things up after and the cops and some parties instigate and fire it up more.  Yuck.

Things settle down when there is a plan, or at least confirmation that voices are being heard and considered, and people are making at least small steps to change.  The administration and partisan media don't seem to want to let that happen, though.  :(

• Heart 2

48 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Militias are pretty stupid and likely to cause massive problems and shoot ups, at some point I bet most law enforcement think pretty poorly of them, too.  Just jackasses trying to muster something akin to being a man or somesuch, and courting trouble.

I've never seen the police do anything to stop or even hinder the militias.

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Everyone is reacting to the confluence of events and are just all pissed off about everything.  The pandemic, the non-response and purposeful (or delusional) misinformation, the loss of jobs, crap civil treatment of citizens, and the outright dishonesty of leadership.  Now is seems that peaceful protests happen on the weekends and before dark, and jackholes come out after to mess things up after and the cops and some parties instigate and fire it up more.  Yuck.

Things settle down when there is a plan, or at least confirmation that voices are being heard and considered, and people are making at least small steps to change.  The administration and partisan media don't seem to want to let that happen, though.  :(

I did notice yesterday that over 50% of the people in the media videos (daytie) seem to be media people?  

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have never seen us so divided as a nation. 

Dangerous rhetoric got us to this place.

whatever happened to the moderates?

Moderates?  You mean like the forum member who thinks their local cop is so sweet and the rest of the cops are FUCKERS?  The same person that complains about neighbors parking on their street but is fine with others destroying other streets or blocking them because they have something to say?  Or they need to move the heck out of town to get away from people but it is acceptable if others are bothered by herds of protesters in their neighborhoods because, well.... it's their right?

That type of moderate?

• Whatever 1

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Everyone had to choose from two polarizing candidates that half the people or more hated.  Then the guys who won all fucked everyone over whenever they personally could benefit, and the complete lack of dignity and corrupt culture became the norm. 

5 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Moderates?  You mean like the forum member who thinks their local cop is so sweet and the rest of the cops are FUCKERS?  The same person that complains about neighbors parking on their street but is fine with others destroying other streets or blocking them because they have something to say?  Or they need to move the heck out of town to get away from people but it is acceptable if others are bothered by herds of protesters in their neighborhoods because, well.... it's their right?

That type of moderate?

I never said ALL cops are fuckers.  I don't like them using tear gas and military equipment on their citizens. 

Moderates meaning people in the middle.  We have extremes.  Moderates are drying up.

I have problem with neighbors entering our property, after I asked them to stop.  I have a problem with a boat that blocks the street for emergency vehicles.  The cop agreed with me,  You would feel the same way.

• Heart 1

So does the grand jury revelation that is WAS NOT a no knock warrant and witness corroboration of that fact change anything.  They knocked, they announced themselves.  They forced entry and were fired upon.   So the grand jury is wrong?  They examined the evidence and reached a conclusion.

I feel horrible for the young woman that died, but she was knowingly or unknowingly associating with criminals.    Sometimes when you break the law, bad stuff happens.  Inevitable.   

Are there bad cops, sure, but the culture has changed.  Cops are getting gunned down in record numbers.  I live in Dallas, where a cop I know from church was shot down along with half a dozen others at a "peaceful" protest.

Can you blame the rank and file cop for being on edge when they never know if the call they are on is legit or if they are walking into an ambush?

I fully support the right to gather and protest.  Block traffic.  Make your voice heard, but do not destroy property or take life or limb from another.

There is a huge silent majority out there that will not speak up until voting day to make themselves heard.  These protests are hurting the democratic or leftist chances in the coming elections.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

I don’t think they should be allowed to block traffic. 

How do they march in the street and not block traffic?   As long as it is a moving march.  Now standing on an interstate highway and throwing bricks at cars that try to get past is another thing.

7 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

You would feel the same way.

I do.  I also feel for the people in Louisville that are having their property burned down.  I feel for the friends of mine that lost their business in 'peaceful protests' from looting and burning.

I feel for my friends of color who have had to endure years of harassment at the hand of officials.  I feel for my friends in public safety who put their lives on the line every time they go to work.  I feel for my friends who are wives of LOEs who worry if their husbands will come home every time they leave for work.

None of us have the answers.  None of us were on the grand jury panel.  Civil unrest by anarchists is not the answer.  Shooting cops will never endure 'the other side' to the cause.  Protests create a voice.  Destruction creates more hate.

There is a movement that has no leadership.  The movement has heroes that are either criminals or thugs.  You will never win the argument without strong leaders and your heroes are criminals.  The black community had 2 attempted leaders in the previous few decades that proved that all they wanted was money and position and they failed to move the needle forward.  They had a president that was in position to make great changes for his people but didn't do one constructive thing for them while he had the reins of power.  He is currently in a position to do something now, but only makes political comments.  So they are left with a Marxist organization that has coopted an acronym and filled their coffers to spread anarchy.

If I had the answers, others smarter than me, would have already provided them.  In my mind, the big issue is we need to understand each other.  I have a learned a lot in the last several years from my friends of color.  They need a voice and they need to be heard.  But if they don't understand how the other side thinks they will never be convincing.  Telling me I'm wrong, burning my car, shooting my friends will not be convincing. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

20 minutes ago, jsharr said:

How do they march in the street and not block traffic?   As long as it is a moving march.  Now standing on an interstate highway and throwing bricks at cars that try to get past is another thing.

You sound like my husband.  

His opinion is that a group this large could not fit nicely on a sidewalk, so "What do you?  You get into the street."  Thousands of people will not be able to walk on a sidewalk or assemble without disrupting traffic and flow of people.

Again, logistics of a large group. 

Standing in the street is a peaceful move.  Burning buildings is not.

Until some real conversations happen at an upper level, I see the problems escalating.  You can't fix everything in your home with a sledgehammer.

14 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

They had a president that was in position to make great changes for his people but didn't do one constructive thing for them while he had the reins of power.  He is currently in a position to do something now, but only makes political comments.  So they are left with a Marxist organization that has coopted an acronym and filled their coffers to spread anarchy.

You and I both know that change happens at a local level.  So many focus only on the executive.  

Senate, Congress, and local government needs to start having conversations on how to make things better for all.  So many of us focus on the executive branch, but we can enact change at a local level.  This is where things happen, right?

• Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

You and I both know that change happens at a local level.  So many focus only on the executive.  

Senate, Congress, and local government needs to start having conversations on how to make things better for all.  So many of us focus on the executive branch, but we can enact change at a local level.  This is where things happen, right?

ie think globally, act locally.

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

His opinion is that a group this large could not fit nicely on a sidewalk, so "What do you?  You get into the street."  Thousands of people will not be able to walk on a sidewalk or assemble without disrupting traffic and flow of people.

Until some real conversations happen at an upper level, I see the problems escalating.  You can't fix everything in your home with a sledgehammer.

Quite true.  So protesters block traffic.  How annoying.  I want to go get a latte, I wish they'd stop complaining about getting murdered by cops.

It's not a protest if you don't get heard.  You don't get heard by being silent.  When you are loud enough to be heard, some people have to sit in blocked traffic.  Otherwise, instead of "protest" they would call it "doing nothing"

There is a lack of leadership on the protest side, though that's now such a huge and diverse demographic that I don't know how you promote leaders.  There's a distinct lack of leadership from the police, and especially police unions, as they can't be leaders if they don't accept that there might be a problem.  And upper level leadership?  The POTUS is actively fanning the flames, encouraging division and violence.  A standard "create a problem only I can fix" method of authoritarianism.  And it's killing people.

It must stop.  And until the adults are in charge again, it won't.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

When half of the people needed to affect change have become beholden to the executive and act in lockstep, change can't happen at any level.

It's no coincidence there are so many things going so wrong right now.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I believe the conversations are happening.  I also believe that many have bought into a false narrative.  They are being fed lies and told how to think by the social media monster and many buy in hook line and sinker.   

The woman that died associated with criminals.  The US Postal inspectors tracked drug shipments to the address.  The warrant was served by officers who announced themselves.  All of this does not fit the SAY HER NAME narrative.

But a grand jury reviewed all the real information and made a decision that did not agree with the decision that many had formed based on false and misleading things in the "media"

How will change happen if both sides are not willing to listen objectively to the truth?    

The left has a history of making criminals into victims and martyrs.    They only see the part of the picture that supports their view, not the whole picture.    Cops usually do not show up for no reason and just pick some random person to murder.    People are usually restrained for resisiting, or warrants are served based off of information obtained in a lenghty investigation.  Sometimes they are wrong.  We all are.  Sometimes an informant with a vendetta will give bad information and bad things happen.

But I believe a majority of the time that the right thing happens.  I also believe both sides spew a ton of bad information that many buy into.  

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

It's very difficult to be a moderate in this world.  In some forums I am hated as a liberal.  In others hated as a conservative.  It seems that if you do not march in lockstep you are the enemy.

I like some conservative ideas.  I like some liberal ideas.  I don't like some conservative ideas.  I don't like some liberal ideas.  Being a political animal in some other forums, this makes me the enemy of all.

• Heart 3

Just now, maddmaxx said:

It's very difficult to be a moderate in this world.  In some forums I am hated as a liberal.  In others hated as a conservative.  It seems that if you do not march in lockstep you are the enemy.

I watched a really good IMO documentary last night by Robert Reich, Saving Capitalism.  He did a good job of demonstrating that it is not always a matter of liberal vs conservative.  I like to be centrist too but I worry aboot the old saw that if you are in the middle of the road you are in danger to of being run over. :(

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

I watched a really good IMO documentary last night by Robert Reich, Saving Capitalism.  He did a good job of demonstrating that it is not always a matter of liberal vs conservative.  I like to be centrist too but I worry aboot the old saw that if you are in the middle of the road you are in danger to of being run over. :(

Sounds like something one of the extremists would say when telling you that middle of the road looks like the enemy from where they are standing.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I believe the conversations are happening.  I also believe that many have bought into a false narrative.  They are being fed lies and told how to think by the social media monster and many buy in hook line and sinker.   

The woman that died associated with criminals.  The US Postal inspectors tracked drug shipments to the address.  The warrant was served by officers who announced themselves.  All of this does not fit the SAY HER NAME narrative.

But a grand jury reviewed all the real information and made a decision that did not agree with the decision that many had formed based on false and misleading things in the "media"

How will change happen if both sides are not willing to listen objectively to the truth?    

The left has a history of making criminals into victims and martyrs.    They only see the part of the picture that supports their view, not the whole picture.    Cops usually do not show up for no reason and just pick some random person to murder.    People are usually restrained for resisiting, or warrants are served based off of information obtained in a lenghty investigation.  Sometimes they are wrong.  We all are.  Sometimes an informant with a vendetta will give bad information and bad things happen.

But I believe a majority of the time that the right thing happens.  I also believe both sides spew a ton of bad information that many buy into.  

Quite a lot of good insight there.  

I've had my doubts about the Taylor situation for a while.  I don't buy into the "don't commit crimes and cops won't kill you" narrative, too many black folks I know have a FAR different experience.  But in the Taylor case, there's a reason a warrant was being served there.  And yes, one cop was stupid to fire randomly, he got charged.

But (especially in today's no gray area society), after enough watching kids get shot in the park and guys having their neck knelt on for 8 minutes, anger lumps it all in together and muddies all reason.  And when the party the protesters are angry at pretty much refuses to admit there's any issue, it reinforces the thinking to lump all actions in together.

I heard a very good explanation of the Taylor decision last night on TV.  Well reasoned.  Had that been offered along with a very good explanation of how the Floyd situation was wrong and an outlier, perhaps it would be easier to not lump all of the incidents and cops together.

If the police and police unions especially, would come out and admit they have a problem with a few of their members, it would become so much easier to identify the problem.

• Heart 2

50 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

To the in the street part, an organization can get permits to demonstrate in the streets and when approved will have LE approval.  When they don’t get proper permitting it becomes an unlawful assembly.

Labor unions have lawful protests all the time and take over roads with LE traffic control helping them keep safe and reroute traffic.

It can be done but takes effective leadership by the protesters and a coordinated response from the city & LE. 

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

To the in the street part, an organization can get permits to demonstrate in the streets and when approved will have LE approval.  When they don’t get proper permitting it becomes an unlawful assembly.

Labor unions have lawful protests all the time and take over roads with LE traffic control helping them keep safe and reroute traffic.

It can be done but takes effective leadership by the protesters and a coordinated response from the city & LE. 

Everything would be an unlawful assembly.  

You don't think that would be slanted?  C'mon. 

People are acting as individuals.  There are no governing bodies behind the people that are gathering.  

In regards to being linked to criminals, maybe I should be shot too.  There are known felons in my family that I associate with.

This is a nice discussion. I haven't seen the word natzi used yet. What the hell is wrong with 'you people'? 

My neighbors kid just graduated High School. In his last semester he had a class called Hard Discussions. They were put in a place to discuss in a real way the things that get glossed over. I think it was uncomfortable but enlightening for them.  I don't remember the details. I think this is the kind of local group that could help us come together as a country. It would take a decade or more though. But you have to start somewhere

• Awesome 1

59 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

You and I both know that change happens at a local level. 

No I don't.  Change requires leadership at all levels.  Stuff happening in the left coast is not moving the needle in Kalamazoo or anywhere else in fly-over-country.

Local change requires local leadership.  State change requires leadership at the state leadership.  National change requires national leadership.  People of color have no leadership.

5 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

This is a nice discussion. I haven't seen the word natzi used yet. What the hell is wrong with 'you people'? 

My neighbors kid just graduated High School. In his last semester he had a class called Hard Discussions. They were put in a place to discuss in a real way the things that get glossed over. I think it was uncomfortable but enlightening for them.  I don't remember the details. I think this is the kind of local group that could help us come together as a country. It would take a decade or more though. But you have to start somewhere

I really wish I could remember who it was that talked about bringing people from both “sides” together for meaningful discourse. Crap. 

13 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I really wish I could remember who it was that talked about bringing people from both “sides” together for meaningful discourse. Crap. 

Folks will come together for meaningful discourse after sufficient pain.  This is how wars resolve political disputes between nations.  Pain until you or they quit.  I really believe that we are already beyond any reasonable solution short of that.  There are some extreme divides in play here and very little understanding.

27 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Everything would be an unlawful assembly.  

You don't think that would be slanted?  C'mon. 

People are acting as individuals.  There are no governing bodies behind the people that are gathering.  

In regards to being linked to criminals, maybe I should be shot too.  There are known felons in my family that I associate with.

I think you are referencing other posts & comments as I didn’t mention linking to criminals.   

Im just saying there is a way it can happen.  Would it happen who knows?

34 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I think you are referencing other posts & comments as I didn’t mention linking to criminals.   

Im just saying there is a way it can happen.  Would it happen who knows?

I was. Someone mentioned it was her fault for being tied to a bad person.

the top part was for you about how I felt it was doubtful that we could assemble legally right now. It would never be granted and that these people are acting for themselves on a common goal. People are angry and it is why they are marching.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

There is a huge silent majority out there that will not speak up until voting day to make themselves heard.  These protests are hurting the democratic or leftist chances in the coming elections.

OR is hurting RW chances, more likely, based on the inflammatory and inciting bs.  You gotta face facts, the institutionalized entrenched dickish fuckery vs. the unorganized and pissed off fuckery.  The current folks in charge have done nothing but continually fuck things up for people other than them, and all the bluster and bullshit and lack of substance or plan is going to hurt them more in the long run.  

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

The movement has heroes that are either criminals or thugs.  You will never win the argument without strong leaders and your heroes are criminals.  The black community had 2 attempted leaders in the previous few decades that proved that all they wanted was money and position and they failed to move the needle forward.  They had a president that was in position to make great changes for his people but didn't do one constructive thing for them while he had the reins of power.  He is currently in a position to do something now, but only makes political comments.  So they are left with a Marxist organization that has coopted an acronym and filled their coffers to spread anarchy.

Not to be all negative, but that is simply dumb and lazy writing and opinion on your part.   Just colossally biased and downright nonsense.  Other things you said in your post made sense, this section makes none.

And your BS attack on DH was just that, too, nasty and misguided.   Whatever crawled up your ass, please pull it out and flush.

Example:

During the protests in Seattle, as the cops pushed their "we're not listening" wall forward, a protester lay injured, face down in the street.  One of the cops, pushing a bike, purposefully wheeled it right over the man's head and neck.

2 other cops immediately stopped to help the injured man.

But all anyone who's already a little upset sees is the rogue cop.  Not the two that helped.  And it will stay that way until the other cops that were there do something about the idiot cop.  Do they want us to know this isn't what most cops are like?  SHOW us that they don't tolerate it, either.

• Heart 1

On 9/22/2020 at 6:04 AM, jsharr said:

Meanwhile two cops sitting a car shot in the face and no protest. 

Strange Days Indeed 

Meanwhile in Seattle, a cop gets a baseball bat over the head, and there's an article about a cop running over the head of a protester with his bike. It's some white guy I think. If he didn't have his helmet on he would be dead. 

17 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

I don’t think they should be allowed to block traffic. 

Agree.  If you are marching down a street in a downtown area that is one thing.  To form a chain of people across a street with the idea of holding up people is dangerous.  We have all seen videos of people getting drug out of cars and attacked.  So if you stop people they are automatically in panic mode wondering if they will be attacked.  When they go into panic mode then they run over people to try and get out of there.