It is going to be a shit show

Parr8hed

32 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Agree.  If you are marching down a street in a downtown area that is one thing.  To form a chain of people across a street with the idea of holding up people is dangerous.  We have all seen videos of people getting drug out of cars and attacked.  So if you stop people they are automatically in panic mode wondering if they will be attacked.  When they go into panic mode then they run over people to try and get out of there.  

Or they come from other places for moving target practice.

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Or they come from other places for moving target practice.

Well there is that as well.  But that is a whole 'nother can of worms.  

But take me for instance.  I was in Louisville (south side) for kid's batting practice a few weeks ago.  LMPD put out a tweet saying to use caution, protesters were blocking cars in.  There was a video that day of protesters blocking traffic and altercations between drivers and protesters.  

I had my kid with me.  I would 100% feel threatened if someone jumped in front of my truck trying to stop me (especially with my kid in there).  I think that I would feel justified in running that person over that is trying to block me in.  I would feel like they did that with the intent to harm me or my daughter.  I am very glad I was never put in that situation.  I honestly don't know how I would react.  

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Well there is that as well.  But that is a whole 'nother can of worms.  

But take me for instance.  I was in Louisville (south side) for kid's batting practice a few weeks ago.  LMPD put out a tweet saying to use caution, protesters were blocking cars in.  There was a video that day of protesters blocking traffic and altercations between drivers and protesters.  

I had my kid with me.  I would 100% feel threatened if someone jumped in front of my truck trying to stop me (especially with my kid in there).  I think that I would feel justified in running that person over that is trying to block me in.  I would feel like they did that with the intent to harm me or my daughter.  I am very glad I was never put in that situation.  I honestly don't know how I would react.  

Running them over will result in you being charged.  Doors locked, cell phone predialed to 911.  Sit tight.  Altercations usually take two sides.

Run that protester over and they will surely pull you from the car.  Sit tight and they probably won't.  Not a great set of choices but it's all you have.  I had to drive through a picket line years ago for several days.  The police favored the strikers and I was lucky to get away with only minor damage to the car and a mental picture of a very large lady laying on my hood hawking up a huge lugi for my windshield.

33 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Running them over will result in you being charged.  Doors locked, cell phone predialed to 911.  Sit tight.  Altercations usually take two sides.

Run that protester over and they will surely pull you from the car.  Sit tight and they probably won't.  Not a great set of choices but it's all you have.  I had to drive through a picket line years ago for several days.  The police favored the strikers and I was lucky to get away with only minor damage to the car and a mental picture of a very large lady laying on my hood hawking up a huge lugi for my windshield.

Well of course that is probably the best thing to do, but wonder how many people are thinking clearly when that happens to them?  Especially with kids in the car.