I am wearing running pants in my apartment...

Randomguy

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yeah, you don't have to worry about that in Texas.  You should move here.

I am beginning to think a person could live just about anywhere, even Texas.   

There is no riding near Dallas, is there?  A friend of mine would just do laps around White Rock Lake, and that was it.  Is there great good decent any riding outside the city?  My buddy didn't explore too much, not sure why.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I am beginning to think a person could live just about anywhere, even Texas.   

There is no riding near Dallas, is there?  A friend of mine would just do laps around White Rock Lake, and that was it.  Is there great good decent any riding outside the city?  My buddy didn't explore too much, not sure why.

Lots of MUPs and some good MTB trails, but you have to get out of Dallas to safely ride on the roads.  Everything is a few hours away in Texas.  Waco, Austin, the hill country, the gulf coast.  No mountains unless you drive for about a year and half to The Big Bend / Davis Moutains.  Palo Duro Canyon is kinda cool, is a west Texas desert sort of way.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Lots of MUPs and some good MTB trails, but you have to get out of Dallas to safely ride on the roads.  Everything is a few hours away in Texas.  Waco, Austin, the hill country, the gulf coast.  No mountains unless you drive for about a year and half to The Big Bend / Davis Moutains.  Palo Duro Canyon is kinda cool, is a west Texas desert sort of way.

The no mountain or hill thing would be tough to deal with.  How does Richardson have a huge bike shop if there is no riding nearby?

The no mountain or hill thing would be tough to deal with.  How does Richardson have a huge bike shop if there is no riding nearby?

It is all riding on boring flat city streets with no big hills or pretty scenery.   Doing laps around White Rock is not bad.  Lots of rednecks in monster trucks and monster suvs and Chrysler 300s to contend with.  The trails to White Rock from my house have been taken over by the homeless and you have to ride through feces and needles to get to the lake.  This might make you feel at home.

There is a big nature preserve near us with lots of paved paths, easy to get in 10 miles and some decent scenery.

We do have some hill, but no seasonal color, etc.  Our seasons are green and brown.  They vary due to the amount of rain.  Heat or cold or lack of rain can bring on the brown season.

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

The trails to White Rock from my house have been taken over by the homeless and you have to ride through feces and needles to get to the lake.

RG prefers a few to at least be jerking it as well.  Needles and feces just don't excite a New Yorker anymore.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

The trails to White Rock from my house have been taken over by the homeless and you have to ride through feces and needles to get to the lake.  This might make you feel at home.

Thankfully I don’t see this like you guys from CA and TX describe it. Of course we only have one short piece of MUT. Maybe the cold and winter freeze keeps them away, same as it does for bigass bugs and such.  

1 minute ago, Philander Seabury said:

Thankfully I don’t see this like you guys from CA and TX describe it. Of course we only have one short piece of MUT. Maybe the cold and winter freeze keeps them away, same as it does for bigass bugs and such.  

We definitely have big ass bugs in Texas!

I can give you 50 links of love in the crapper, but I can't remember the last time I did 50 pushups.   

OK, try 20.  

Try 20 easy ones with your knees on the ground.  Or do some plank.  Both of those will be great to firm you up and get that boost for your metabolism, and brain health.

46 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I can give you 50 links of love in the crapper, but I can't remember the last time I did 50 pushups.   

Did my 50 this morning! 

I was walking between buildings this morning and thought dang, I almost need a jacket.  Lows have been in the low 60’s the past few nights.

• Awesome 1