How is Covid in your town?

Dirtyhip

I haven’t looked at the actual numbers recently but OC never had the huge spike that LA did and our overall trending is better than most counties in CA.

My County recently opened restaurants & movie theaters for indoor seating (with limited occupancy) and is trending towards the next tier of openings due to positive trending.  I don’t think LA is even where we are at yet.

My company is rethinking back in office and may start to reoccupy to 10% before end of year. We’ll see how that goes.

39 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We had 30 new people in one day.  This is a lot for us.  From what I heard, a local funeral where everyone refused masks.

The large rise was largely due to that one gathering.

People are dumb.

Schools.  Everyone worried about the kids and what they get is the staff being infected.  For them, immortality was left many years behind.

In general, the numbers are better, but it is hitting closer to home. 
Sister-in-law was positive a couple weeks ago. Hubby of a coworker tested positive a week ago. Coworker has been quarantined.
Coworker of WoW was not feeling well at work yesterday. He got tested and was positive. WoW thinks they were ok on distancing. 
I’m still masking up at clients and when we are out. Staying at home a lot more right now. 

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Here in my area, it's MAGA land.  Some people just refuse.  Masks have become a political issue and that sucks.  

Luckily, at my work we can kick them out.  I feel kinda safe because I am a strong gal, but I am in the danger zone for sure.

I thought Oregon was full of hippos and portlandianites?

As more & more people move to Bend from larger cities(I'm looking at choo Portland, Seattle & Bay area) Bend is turning 'purple' 

Lots of good ol boys with big pickups with small penis syndrome. It is worse out in the outlying towns. Intimidation of BLM with guns & such. In Bend they just roll coal at the BLM protesters

17 minutes ago, Airehead said:

15 new since yesterday. One school district closed because a bus staff who grouped with other bus staff is positive and they all are quarantined. No one to transport kids. Three other districts with positives but not closed. Zero among my schools.  

Our elementary school shut down for two weeks for 3 cases.  Two principals and one other staff.  Many staff had to go into quarantine and there were insufficient staff members to run the school.  Students are advised to self quarantine for the 2 weeks too.  Like that will happen.

• Sad 1

Cases – 1,742 – 3 reported in the past 24 hours – 133 in the past 2 weeks .
Cases per 100,000 – 1,818 cumulative (139 per 100,000 in past 2 weeks
Total deaths – 53 – that’s one more deaths reported over the past 24 hours (deaths per 100,000 is 55.3)
Testing 8.4 % positive in the past 2 weeks, overall 10.3 %