Funny translation issue

Randomguy
Go to solution Solved by groupw,

32 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Is this tour stuff?  

I am out of the loop.

I'd prefer to talk about UCI 2020 World cup DH

?  There is still a world cup?

Btw, I saw Shaun Palmer's Specialized DH bike from back when he was a thing and thought of you.  It was all stars and stripey, and the travel did not look all that formidable, and the angles were looking all 71/73 ish from visual inspection.  I figured you woulda laughed and probably smelled the seat or something.

Just now, Randomguy said:

?  There is still a world cup?

Btw, I saw Shaun Palmer's Specialized DH bike from back when he was a thing and thought of you.  It was all stars and stripey, and the travel did not look all that formidable, and the angles were looking all 71/73 ish from visual inspection.  I figured you woulda laughed and probably smelled the seat or something.

Yeah, I like that guy.

He is really funny to hang out with.  The things he says...  LOL

I remember him back in his snowboard days with the crazy hair and stars and stripes suit.  He is really an interesting character.  

I don't see enough for something to pop out at me since I don't know many Tour details.

It's like if you don't know the dialectical intricacies of Taiwanese.

One day, a guy named Bud from South Carolina and I decided to sit at an IIT grad dorm cafeteria table filled with Taiwanese students. We each had Taiwanese roommates.

One Taiwanese guy said, "We heard your roommates are teaching you to speak Chinese!"

Bud answered, "Yeah, we've learned things like, 'Wo gahn nee."

The Taiwanese women at the table, coming from a very conservative society, all immediately picked up their trays and moved to other tables!  Bud looked horrified: "What did I say?"

I whispered to Bud, "You mean 'Wo cahn nee,' which means "I see you," but instead of 'cahn' (see), you said 'gahn' which means 'fuck' in the Taiwanese dialect."

Unlike my roommate, his roommate didn't teach him their dirty words!

• Haha 3