I finally have an appointment on October 16

maddmaxx

To renew my real id drivers license.  It expired in June but the state issued a 180 day extension and required that any DMV work by done by appointment.  Appointments were rare as hens teeth and the website would not tell you when one was a fail able.  You had to ask for a time and have it turned down.  :humping:  Well, they finally fixed it and I got to ask for the next available.  Now I have to go to a DMV office and sit inside with the masses because my appointment will surely be at least an hour late.

My CDL expires on my birthday in November, and renewal requires taking a written test at the testing center, but I have not yet received notification of expiry, which is unusual. That usually comes at least three months in advance.

I also have not received word if it has been extended either, so I'm not sure what's going on.

If I do not go take the test, my license renewal will come back as a non CDL. I have not needed that class of license for nearly five years, and probably never will, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to let it slide.

1 minute ago, Rattlecan said:

My CDL expires on my birthday in November, and renewal requires taking a written test at the testing center, but I have not yet received notification of expiry, which is unusual. That usually comes at least three months in advance.

I also have not received word if it has been extended either, so I'm not sure what's going on.

If I do not go take the test, my license renewal will come back as a non CDL. I have not needed that class of license for nearly five years, and probably never will, but I'm not sure I'm quite ready to let it slide.

Your state DMV site should have any extensions posted.

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Your state DMV site should have any extensions posted.

Yup, there it is. https://files.ontario.ca/mto-temporary-validity-extension-letter-covid-19-en-2020-09-23.pdf  I would have checked sooner, but I only just recently realized I was due for renewal. Guess I'm good till further notice.

• Heart 1