No bookshelf behind this person.

MoseySusan
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

1 minute ago, Mr. Silly said:

What's that thing behind the bike and next to the file cabinet with the microwave oven on it?

You’re missing the point. She’s not featuring her stunning bookshelves with designer arrangements of books, flowers, and art objects. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, roadsue said:

It’s like saying “you have no brains,” but there is a collection of cells inside your cranium. It’s there, but it’s not the feature. 

But "No bookshelf" is in title.  Had you titled it, "No prominent bookshelf..." then I would have understood.

It left me feeling betrayed.

• Haha 1

• Solution

Particularly during the work from home era, analyzing the book shelves behind people has become quite the hobby. There are a number of twitter accounts dedicated just to analyzing people's bookshelves.   It's clear some people have put quite a lot of thought into arranging their backgrounds.  I agree this woman seems like she's spent more time on her work than her background.

• Heart 1

...this is the woman that they interviewed on the PBS evening news last night. She is adorable, but I fear if you watch the PBS evening news you are too genteel for the likes of me, and would demand I serve you butter in a special, crystal butter dish.  And I have never owned a cow creamer, so you can forget that, too, if you come over for coffee.

Stellar insult, though. I think that one might qualify you for the Olympic insult trials later on this year.

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...this is the woman that they interviewed on the PBS evening news last night. She is adorable, but I fear if you watch the PBS evening news you are too genteel for the likes of me, and would demand I serve you butter in a special, crystal butter dish.  And I have never owned a cow creamer, so you can forget that, too, if you come over for coffee.

Stellar insult, though. I think that one might qualify you for the Olympic insult trials later on this year.

I serve my grass fed dairy products straight out the packaging. I put the public in PBS. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Silly said:

But "No bookshelf" is in title.  Had you titled it, "No prominent bookshelf..." then I would have understood.

It left me feeling betrayed.

I’m sorry. I didn’t intend for you to feel betrayed. I want to create the content you need for a satisfying Cafe experience. It won’t happen again. 

Did you check out that bike? 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, roadsue said:

I’m sorry. I didn’t intend for you to feel betrayed. I want to create the content you need for a satisfying Cafe experience. It won’t happen again. 

Did you check out that bike? 

...there's a bike ? After all the commotion all I could see was the bookshelf.

On 9/23/2020 at 9:32 AM, Kirby said:

Particularly during the work from home era, analyzing the book shelves behind people has become quite the hobby. There are a number of twitter accounts dedicated just to analyzing people's bookshelves.   It's clear some people have put quite a lot of thought into arranging their backgrounds.  I agree this woman seems like she's spent more time on her work than her background.

I didn't realize this was the trend, working from home and videoconferencing..

I have lots to show in another city. Unless I snap a photo of a book pile beside me.