I hate batteries

12string

Getting ready to leave for last week's camping trip, found both RV batteries dead, and wouldn't charge plugging in the camper.  And after using a battery charger, no +12V to the RV.  Lots of cussing and diagnosing, found the tiny circuit breaker under the frame.  It worked, the fridge in the RV was working for the whole drive, we plugged in at the campsite.

Got home, left everything hooked up since I need to move it back in the yard.  After sitting for 2 days, both RV batteries AND the truck battery are dead.  That's with the fridge turned off.  Something is draining the batteries!  Get out the multimeter to figger this out.

The battery in the multimeter is dead.

Who invented this electricity stuff?  They needed to do it better.

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 2

1 hour ago, 12string said:

The battery in the multimeter is dead.

I seem to go in spurts with the use of my multi-meter.  For that reason I always (when I remember) take the battery out of the meter after use.  Way too many times either the battery is dead or corroded when I want to use it.  Life with the multi-meter is easier for me if I always know I need to deal with the battery before use.

27 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

don't move to California in 15 years :rolleyes:

Thanks for the advice but all is good.  Not on my bucket list.

Oh, another piece of advice.  Don't plan on driving there with your petrol fueled vehicle in 15 years expecting to find open gas stations.

36 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Thanks for the advice but all is good.  Not on my bucket list.

Oh, another piece of advice.  Don't plan on driving there with your petrol fueled vehicle in 15 years expecting to find open gas stations.

They have 15 years to reconsider that rule. It will be removed or amended.

• Awesome 1