Highest & Best

Scrapr

no escalation clauses BS. Shoot your shot the first time. Terms are important

consideration to @Page Turner if he brings a steel Bianchi to the showing & "forgets it" in the garage

Not officially on the market just Coming soon a couple hours ago. 3 showings scheduled already. Reviewing offers on Monday

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Bend/20272-Halfway-Rd-97701/home/111963963

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bikeguy said:

Way spendy compared to where I live.  I couldn't afford my 5 acre wooded lot (let alone my home) if it was anywhere near Bend.   

Things are rising here too.    

Scenario for my new home:  2.5 acres @ 50 grand + custom home, well and septic.  I think I will be in at around $250 by the time this is all done. That is for a tiny little 1100 ft home and a 28x24 garage. 

I just say a listing here for an as is 1 bedroom with a tiny lot for 70 grand.  726 sq ft home and the lot is about 5000 sq. ft.  I think it is a mess inside too.  WOWZA

7 minutes ago, Kirby said:

That's a lovely home.  I'd be very happy sitting in the main room, watching tv and filling up those wonderful built in shelves.

Those shelves were full a few days ago.  :angry:

This house is perfect for me. If I could transplant it back to Portland Metro I'd be very happy. WoScrapr put a lot of herself into this house

• Hugs 2

2 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I like Bend nice enough. Really nice park system. Lots of outdoor stuff. You don't have to check the weather because it's going to be pretty nice. I just don't have the friend network here that I have back in Portland. I miss our long time friends. Plus I can go into the office a few times a week & kibbutz with them. Bend was always WoScraprs place. She loved it. It's just not the same without her

Glad that you are going to live your life, not be stuck in the past.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I like Bend nice enough. Really nice park system. Lots of outdoor stuff. You don't have to check the weather because it's going to be pretty nice. I just don't have the friend network here that I have back in Portland. I miss our long time friends. Plus I can go into the office a few times a week & kibbutz with them. Bend was always WoScraprs place. She loved it. It's just not the same without her

Makes sense, I think you answered this question before, too.  It is good to have friends.

Plus we knew that sooner or later we would move back to Portland for medical. We are in the Kaiser system & know the ins & outs. The medical care here in Bend sucks bad. Mostly the hospital. They have a monopoly on the area & exert market forces to keep other systems out. WoScrapr & I walked out of their ER when the doc came in 2x's & started manipulated WoScraprs feeding tube without washing her hands. And being unwilling to call Kaiser (we had the direct line) to ask what kind of feeding tube it was  F St Charles

• Heart 1

First showing this morning @9:00 am. Then every half hour until 3:30 am pm.  House looks really good all cleaned up. I'm off to Portland for 3 days while it is showing. As of yesterday 3 parties wanted to offer sight unseen. No rental companies though @Dottles  Is it wrong if I watch them come & go on the Ring doorbell & camera? (All outside cams)

I was a bit sad last night as i realized my (our) time in Bend is coming to an end

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

First showing this morning @9:00 am. Then every half hour until 3:30 am pm.  House looks really good all cleaned up. I'm off to Portland for 3 days while it is showing. As of yesterday 3 parties wanted to offer sight unseen. No rental companies though @Dottles  Is it wrong if I watch them come & go on the Ring doorbell & camera? (All outside cams)

I was a bit sad last night as i realized my (our) time in Bend is coming to an end

Good luck to you!  I had over 5100+ views on Redfin and 27 tours in 4 days.  Folks saw my house.    And heck no, I'd be watching them too.

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Scrapr said:

There is a wonderful mystery novelist, Louise Penny, who writes a monthly newsletter where she talks about her books and events, but also about her personal life.  In the last few years, her beloved husband got dementia and died, and while she was caring for them, she moved from their large house with a pond and gardens in more rural Quebec to a smaller condo in town.  She talked about the emotions of the move so beautifully in her newsletter:

To everything there really is a season. Michael and I have loved this place. It was our first home together. It’s where we raised our puppies, and where we spread their ashes. It’s where Armand and Clara and all the other characters were born. Where Three Pines was created.The home has been good to us. Great to us. So many parties, so many visits from family and friends.But it really is time to leave. Can’t say I’m not sad, but really it’s not the home that I will miss, it’s what it represented. Our lives together. Stability. Traditions. Not just a past together, but a future.This place without Michael would be meaningless. Best to make the move now.

We move this month into our condo. It’s a good thing. But it’s also a difficult thing. This home has been so special. But we leave it to others now, who will also love it, I’m sure. It also helps that there is no choice. So I’m not burdened with second ­guessing. It’s a jolly sight better than lugging around doubt. It’s been a while since we last moved and I’d forgotten that it actually happens in stages. The home slowly reverts to being just a house, as bits and pieces change. As items get packed away,or given away. As bookcases grow bare and carpets are sent off to be cleaned and furniture is donated or sent to be recovered. Until finally we’re camping in a couple of rooms in our home. It’s a bit like dementia, actually. Saying goodbye a bit at a time

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Scrapr said:

image.png.c311d69902a30e99e38b6f9ce938fa19.png

• Haha 1

On 9/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, Scrapr said:

consideration to @Page Turner if he brings a steel Bianchi to the showing & "forgets it" in the garage

Not officially on the market just Coming soon a couple hours ago. 3 showings scheduled already. Reviewing offers on Monday

Hope you get parties that outbid one another. House shows very well.

On 9/23/2020 at 3:39 PM, Scrapr said:

I suspect a home like yours in Vancouver BC (not WA) would go easily for $800,000+CAN.   if it's out in the 'burbs.

• Heart 1