Every time I buy fresh parsley, I end up asking myself "Why the hell did you buy this, anyway?"

Randomguy

I buy parsley with great intentions and use a bit, then think to myself "this adds nothing", then end up throwing away 70% of it eventually.  Then I call myself a dummy and and think "didn't you do this a few times before in your life to the same results?"

Who wants to be on standby to talk me down if I am ever tempted to buy it again?

2 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I agree - parsley is worthless.  My wife does the same thing. 

Parsley is a thug of a vegetable, telling us all it is imperative that we all buy it and have it on hand, wasting our money and calling us horrible names from within the fridge until we throw its rotting stench out.  Bah, I spit on you, parsley!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Parsley is a thug of a vegetable, telling us all it is imperative that we all buy it and have it on hand, wasting our money and calling us horrible names from within the fridge until we throw its rotting stench out.  Bah, I spit on you, parsley!

And when grown in the garden, it attracts these ugly ass parsley worms, that turn into swallowtail flutterbys I think.  Black and yellow.

Well shit!  It is our state flutterby!  Dangit!

Papilio polyxenes, the black swallowtail, American swallowtail or parsnip swallowtail, is a butterfly found throughout much of North America. It is the state butterfly of Oklahoma and New Jersey. Wikipedia

18 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I was thinking chimichanga. :D

It's a sauce or salsa.  Fresh herbs, garlic, vinegar or some kind of acid.  People make it all kinds of ways.  I have a bunch of jalapenos that are ready.  I think we will make some soon, so I need parsley.  

Some silly deer chomped a bunch of jalapenos the other day. I wonder how that worked out for them.  OWie!!!!

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

And when grown in the garden, it attracts these ugly ass parsley worms, that turn into swallowtail flutterbys I think.  Black and yellow.

Well shit!  It is our state flutterby!  Dangit!

Papilio polyxenes, the black swallowtail, American swallowtail or parsnip swallowtail, is a butterfly found throughout much of North America. It is the state butterfly of Oklahoma and New Jersey. Wikipedia

Well that alone makes it worth growing

• Heart 1