Dinner

petitepedal

9 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I went to cook salmon the other night and couldn’t find it in the freezer. I ended up grilling chicken again. I remember buying two packages of frozen Alaska wild caught salmon, I don’t remember eating it.:dontknow:

I’ve always though it would be a good idea to create a list of foods in the fridge and freeze with dates to keep track. If that is too obsessive compulsive, maybe just a chalk board with “specials” of the oldest things that need to be eaten. 

47 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I’ve always though it would be a good idea to create a list of foods in the fridge and freeze with dates to keep track. If that is too obsessive compulsive, maybe just a chalk board with “specials” of the oldest things that need to be eaten. 

I made a list and stuck it on the side of the fridge with a magnet about a year ago. About six months later I noticed it, oops, I forgot I made it and didn’t check things off or add new items. I do write the date on stuff I freeze with a sharpie. That works pretty good. Sometimes I wish I also wrote what it is in the freezer bag. I have sometimes got out chicken breasts when I thought I was getting out thighs for soup. Chicken breasts make ok soup too.

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I made a list and stuck it on the side of the fridge with a magnet about a year ago. About six months later I noticed it, oops, I forgot I made it and didn’t check things off or add new items. I do write the date on stuff I freeze with a sharpie. That works pretty good. Sometimes I wish I also wrote what it is in the freezer bag. I have sometimes got out chicken breasts when I thought I was getting out thighs for soup. Chicken breasts make ok soup too.

Sounds like me!  I have made several aborted organizational attempts. :D  Good labeling is a winner though. Never overestimate what you will remember much later. :D

fish/veggies/cheese make a great mealF

On occasion I do fish with cauliflower and broccoli with cheese, either stirring some shredded sharp cheddar and milk into the hot, drained veggies or making a roux with butter and flower, pouring milk into it to make a white (aka bechamel) sauce, then sprinkling cheddar cheese into it and a little mustard to make the cauliflower and broccoli version of mac & cheese.

Yesterday, I had Aldi's 1/3 of Aldi's 48 oz. frozen lasagna, nuked.  The big deal is that I used to eat 1/2 of it but my stomach is shrinking a little and I get full on 1/3 of it now.

• Heart 1