I have a hankering for French toast, but the French fry sandwich thread is holding me back

Ralphie

You eat how you wanna eat. Go all in, you won’t enjoy the indulgence with more guilt than maple syrup. Unless you’re eating frozen French toast from a box with maple syrup made from corn. If so, you are dead to me already and your mother probably dressed you funny as a child.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

You eat how you wanna eat. Go all in, you won’t enjoy the indulgence with more guilt than maple syrup. Unless you’re eating frozen French toast from a box with maple syrup made from corn. If so, you are dead to me already and your mother probably dressed you funny as a child.

I actually like the HFCS syrup, but my wife only buys the super expensive real maple stuff.  You are correct sir, I might as well get this craving oot of the way. :D With peaches., of course. :)

• Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

I actually like the HFCS syrup, but my wife only buys the super expensive real maple stuff.  You are correct sir, I might as well get this craving oot of the way. :D With peaches., of course. :)

My house is divided as well. Wo7 uses the HFCS stuff as well. I buy the uppity syrup from Costco. Wo7 was told by her doctor yesterday to cut back on the heavy carbs. Her blood work shows what she’s eating. 

37 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Just do both, Ralph!

I've been avoiding the french fry sandwiches.  I'm afraid I'll like them and add more calories - I've been losing weight recently.

It's no wonder we get fat.  I ate at a restaurant on Saturday for the first time since February.  The mussels in garlic sauce and crab dip with muffins appetizers that two of us got could have served as complete meals for all four of us.  We other two ordered "cups" of crab soup as a first course and the "cups" were about 14 oz. bowls.  I knew to go to the restaurant good and hungry so I'd still enjoy the main course meal - shrimp stuffed with crab imperial and fried in my case. Still, we all left so stuffed it was an effort to walk 100' from the restaurant to the car.

When I was a high school teenager in the 60's working fast food at night, the area manager unveiled a "secret" new item: it was a quarter pound hamburger. Even we teenagers wondered who would be gluttonous enough to order a whole 1/4 lb hamburger regularly enough to make it worth serving.  Now, that's standard, the large fries from the 60's are smaller than the small fries now, the regular 12 oz. soft drink is small now.

I'm trying to revert to my skinny time sizes.  Next, I'm going to 1 breakfast sandwich for breakfast instead of 2.  Little by little the pounds are going to drop.