Thieves Suck

jsharr

image.png.9016276bf8aab294c5d41e2ddf5e67a6.png

BSA Troop 263 is a troop in our neighborhood that serves Scouts with special needs.  Some cretin stole their trailer with adaptive camping gear in it.  If you feel so inclined, they could use some help replacing it.

I recently had a chance to talk to the Scout directly under the letter B in Boy above.  Nicholas came to my house to sell me popcorn.  He is a Life Scout, working on his Eagle.  He brought his juggling pins and juggled for me.  He loves to make other people happy by juggling.   He has earned 34 merit badges, which is pretty awesome as well.

Here is a link to the fund raiser.

https://gf.me/u/y2a97a

Here is their story.

Our Boy Scout Troop Trailer was stolen with all our camping equipment inside. We are running the Go Fund Me to replace the trailer and all our gear including stoves, tents, cooking supplies, lanterns, tables, propane tanks, canopies, tools, games and so much more.

Troop 263 is a Special Needs only troop, so much of our gear was designed specifically for their special needs and handicaps they overcome.

Thank you for your support.

Any additional funds raised will be used to start a campership fund for our scouts to attend Summer Camp that need financial assistance.

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Who would do something like this?  I try to be upbeat and positive but I really hate a lot of people these days. 

Drugs make people do really shitty stuff.  That is my assumption.  It is not uncommon to hear about Scout trailers gettting stolen.  Our Cubscout trailer was stolen last year.  We are lucky in that our Troop has space at the church where we can keep our trailers and gear locked up.  The loaded trailer is stored behind an unloaded trailer so theives would have to steal two trailers to get to the good one.

I pitched in a little and was happy to see that they are more than half way there. I've worked my entire career to ensure kids with special needs get to be "just" kids.  Slimy trailer thieves should not rob them as of this opportunity.  (Even though I guess in some weird way having your stuff stolen is unfortunately a normalizing activity.)

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I pitched in a little and was happy to see that they are more than half way there. I've worked my entire career to ensure kids with special needs get to be "just" kids.  Slimy trailer thieves should not rob them as of this opportunity.  (Even though I guess in some weird way having your stuff stolen is unfortunately a normalizing activity.)

I want to like and not like this.   Hard way to learn some people suck.

• Sad 1

On 9/24/2020 at 10:24 AM, jsharr said:

Drugs make people do really shitty stuff.  That is my assumption.  It is not uncommon to hear about Scout trailers gettting stolen.  Our Cubscout trailer was stolen last year.  We are lucky in that our Troop has space at the church where we can keep our trailers and gear locked up.  The loaded trailer is stored behind an unloaded trailer so theives would have to steal two trailers to get to the good one.

A coworker’s trailer was stolen from an Orlando area hotel parking lot. It had his +$30k customized Harley in it. 

• Sad 3

So glad they reached their goal.  There are a lot of nasty people out there, but even more kind ones.  As Mr Rogers' mother used to say "look for the helpers". :nodhead:  In every tragedy or disaster, there will be "helpers" and they can help restore your faith and hope.

• Heart 2

7 hours ago, 2Far said:

A coworker’s trailer was stolen from an Orlando area hotel parking lot. It had his +$30k customized Harley in it. 

I don't have any thing on the side of the trailer that advertises what might be on the inside. I know plenty of people who have had their race trailers stolen. 

We were at a rest stop on our way to a race when a stranger walkedup and out of nowhere asked.....what's in the trailer?

I told him that we were on our way to visit our son and weare bringing him our old riding lawn mower.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BR46 said:

I don't have any thing on the side of the trailer that advertises what might be on the inside. I know plenty of people who have had their race trailers stolen. 

We were at a rest stop on our way to a race when a stranger walkedup and out of nowhere asked.....what's in the trailer?

I told him that we were on our way to visit our son and weare bringing him our old riding lawn mower.

https://nascar.nbcsports.com/2020/08/17/race-team-offers-reward-for-recovery-of-stolen-equipment-car/