I'm tired of life

petitepedal

It's a tough time right now.  Locally and nationally we're being polarized by extremist goons on both sides of the aisle.  The whole country is a shit show and I fear things are going to get uglier.  It's just now starting to hit the US after all these years of insulation.  Basically, the human race is a disgrace.   I often wonder how mankind has been able to do it so far w/ millions dead by the human hand, bomb, sword, knife, gun or some other killing kind of weapon -- and counting. 

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Just am...too much anger in the world too much stress...too many people who don't  care....kinda wish we had an eject option.

Wrote this before my trainer session..My mood is a tad better..but dang I am frustrated 

Also, just turn off the news.  Maybe pack a gun if you don't own one.  Go the range, practice, and think of -- whatever makes you angry.

It's hard because you've physically been near some of the protests so you're much more in touch with them.  I've found that I'll read or watch the news in the morning, but I won't watch news in the evening.  It was getting me stressed out and upset before bed.  I  also try to make sure to take some time for myself,  whether that's having lunch with my sister, reading silly mystery books that don't tax the brain or watching "happy" tv.  The hard part is when I'm busy at work and that starts to stress me out and I don't have time for the things that put my mind and spirit in the right mood.

The thing is the nice, helpful people don't make the news, but they're around. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Maybe reading Hamlet would help. :mellow:

OK, just the best part, the soliloquy:

HAMLET: To be, or not to be--that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them. To die, to sleep--
No more--and by a sleep to say we end
The heartache, and the thousand natural shocks
That flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die, to sleep--
To sleep--perchance to dream: ay, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death what dreams may come
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes calamity of so long life.
For who would bear the whips and scorns of time,
Th' oppressor's wrong, the proud man's contumely
The pangs of despised love, the law's delay,
The insolence of office, and the spurns
That patient merit of th' unworthy takes,
When he himself might his quietus make
With a bare bodkin? Who would fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered country, from whose bourn
No traveller returns, puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have
Than fly to others that we know not of?
Thus conscience does make cowards of us all,
And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought,
And enterprise of great pitch and moment
With this regard their currents turn awry
And lose the name of action. -- Soft you now,
The fair Ophelia! -- Nymph, in thy orisons
Be all my sins remembered.

BROWSE MORE MONOLOGUES BY PLAYWRIGHT

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Just am...too much anger in the world too much stress...too many people who don't  care....kinda wish we had an eject option.

Wrote this before my trainer session..My mood is a tad better..but dang I am frustrated 

I think this pandemic plus the controversial political and social news has most of us experiencing a lot of lows.

I turn 70 on Oct. 1 and would normally go to a restaurant with 10-15 relatives and friends like the moderately-expensive, Brazilian Fogo de Chao where the waiters walk around with all kinds of differently prepared beef, pork, and chicken on skewers and stop at your table for fresh meat when you turn your card green side up.  But large groups can't be done now so I'm going to celebrate 70 next year - hopefully.

Also, almost everyone in my high school class turned or will turn 70 this year and we can't get together in large (12+) groups for our "Class of 68 Lunch Bunch" and celebrate 70 together after knowing each other for over half a century from kid to worker to retiree.  That bugs me a lot.

Last night I talked to my NJ cousin for an hour on the phone. We both said we're watching the news much, much less because it stresses us out too much.

So we try to cherish little things, whether it's discovering Sous Vide Cooking, walking the dog on a trail, working out, doing online games (Candy Crush, Chess, Solitaire, etc.). and whatever else brings a smile to our faces.  I finally got Fios Most Plus working last Friday and now I can watch Mom and 2 1/2 Men and all kinds of history, etc. stuff all day!

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

You used to go to Barley Johns with friends. Church social events. And all those other interactions that we can’t do anymore. Can you plan a safe social event for some of your friends outside somewhere? I’m sure they feel the same. Give each one a task or something to bring. The isolation is wearing on us all. 

• Heart 3

47 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

You used to go to Barley Johns with friends. Church social events. And all those other interactions that we can’t do anymore. Can you plan a safe social event for some of your friends outside somewhere? I’m sure they feel the same. Give each one a task or something to bring. The isolation is wearing on us all. 

Interestingly enough..most of my friends will not do social anything..talked with a church friend who won't  even do socially distanced, take out in her yard with 6ft space...which is what I am doing with a friend tonight..I am careful...but I am still gonna live and do at least some stuff...no weekend trip to the orchard..that has to be a weekday thing. So many things are too crowded on a weekend...

• Heart 1