I got a call from Pittsburgh

Longjohn

All of the hospice people are from Allegheny Health and they always call me because my wife doesn’t do well on the phone anymore. My wife had the TV loud and I couldn’t hear what they were saying. I went back in the bedroom so I could hear. It turns out whoever it was that was calling was calling me about one of my prescriptions. They said I had a prescription for a ninety day supply and the pharmacy only gave me a thirty day supply. They said for me to stop back at the pharmacy and pick up the ninety day supply. After I hung up I went over and checked and sure enough of the three heart prescriptions I picked up one was for thirty days. I don’t know who called me from a Pittsburgh phone. I stopped today while in Mercer and got the ninety day supply, no charge. I wonder who that was that called me and how did they know that I got shorted sixty days? Now I have a 120 day supply of that drug. 
I feel like a certified old person taking all these drugs.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 3

Someone associated with the pharmacy called me about my account and prescriptions. I had trouble believing the guy was a real representative of the company so I asked him some questions. He had like a New York or New Jersey type of accent and was located in Orlando. I still don't believe he was legit. :lol:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, donkpow said:

Someone associated with the pharmacy called me about my account and prescriptions. I had trouble believing the guy was a real representative of the company so I asked him some questions. He had like a New York or New Jersey type of accent and was located in Orlando. I still don't believe he was legit. :lol:

Well the girl that called me knew all about my prescriptions and knew I didn’t get the right amount of one of them. I didn’t notice until while on the phone with her I went and checked.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Well the girl that called me knew all about my prescriptions and knew I didn’t get the right amount of one of them. I didn’t notice until while on the phone with her I went and checked.

Mine used the phone number of my local pharmacy, AKA 'spoofing'. :) He had all pertinent information and discussed relevant information with me.

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

All of the hospice people are from Allegheny Health and they always call me because my wife doesn’t do well on the phone anymore. My wife had the TV loud and I couldn’t hear what they were saying. I went back in the bedroom so I could hear. It turns out whoever it was that was calling was calling me about one of my prescriptions. They said I had a prescription for a ninety day supply and the pharmacy only gave me a thirty day supply. They said for me to stop back at the pharmacy and pick up the ninety day supply. After I hung up I went over and checked and sure enough of the three heart prescriptions I picked up one was for thirty days. I don’t know who called me from a Pittsburgh phone. I stopped today while in Mercer and got the ninety day supply, no charge. I wonder who that was that called me and how did they know that I got shorted sixty days? Now I have a 120 day supply of that drug. 
I feel like a certified old person taking all these drugs.

My insurance company NEVER notices when I get screwed.

I've had more than one occasion where I was supposed to get 90 days of a med and discovered at home that I got 30, or else that I was supposed to get 1000 mg of Metformin and they gave me 500 mg.

Fortunately, I call my CVS pharmacy (where I'm required to go for 90 day meds) and they straighten it out or call my doctor to straighten him out if he was the source of the error.

• Awesome 1