9/24 miles, minutes, muppets etc

groupw

6 on the commute. 26.5 on the roadie. We had avoided a favorite route this summer because the road had gotten so bad. I was prepared to turn at the county line where it gets bad.Lo and behold there was brand new asphalt! I was only able to ride a couple miles of it because I was running out of daylight. 

18928763-7F0A-49E1-8404-B4E7D9D98621.jpeg

• Heart 3

The second flat tire in 3 rides. WoJSTL had an eye appointment so I dusted off the road bike. About 9 miles into the ride I heard the sound of a fast leak. Something cut a large slice into the sidewall of a Conti 5000 with less than 200 miles on it. The tire and tube are goners. I had to use the dollar bill boot and new tube trick to get home. Never did find what caused the cut.  18 miles.

You might remember that 2 miles from the finish of our Katy Trail ride I noticed the front tire getting soft. I stopped about 1/2 mile from the finish to put some air in the tire. It was down to 15 psi when it should have 40 psi. Later I found a small, sharp rock in the tread. I've ordered some Slime to hopefully prevent those kinds of leaks in the future.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

The second flat tire in 3 rides. WoJSTL had an eye appointment so I dusted off the road bike. About 9 miles into the ride I heard the sound of a fast leak. Something cut a large slice into the sidewall of a Conti 5000 with less than 200 miles on it. The tire and tube are goners. I had to use the dollar bill boot and new tube trick to get home. Never did find what caused the cut.  18 miles.

You might remember that 2 miles from the finish of our Katy Trail ride I noticed the front tire getting soft. I stopped about 1/2 mile from the finish to put some air in the tire. It was down to 15 psi when it should have 40 psi. Later I found a small, sharp rock in the tread. I've ordered some Slime to hopefully prevent those kinds of leaks in the future.

How many miles on the tire?   <ducks and covers>

On 9/25/2020 at 8:43 AM, JerrySTL said:

Be careful!  Folks might accuse you of being too anal with your mileage numbers!!!!  :D

I hate a ruined new tire :(  Of course, to you, 200 miles is a couple weeks, to some here, that's a year or two :whistle: so it may be a relative bummer.

• Heart 1