Motivation help needed, please

Ralphie

I need to get a doctor to complete an employee health report so I can return to work after a minor procedure. He obviously has no motivation and I am running out of time. I called yesterday and they said they received the form and the nurses usually fill them out. I guess I need to call again to make sure we are on the same page as far as a return to work day. Any tips for schmoozing them, or whatever it takes to git er done?

I brought my dentist’s office a blueberry pie. They are planning dental work to use up the last of my insurance before the end of the year and scheduling the more expensive filling repair to January to obtain more benefits. Bribery works. Drop by the office with a box of cookies or something and say, I was in the neighborhood and thought I could pick up the form. Here’s some cupcakes. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Offer to come to the office and talk it out face to face.  That usually gets results these days.

Fortunately, most doctors' offices have staff IN the office, not working from home so, if worse comes to worse, you should be able to raise hell there.

My agony of defeat trying to get my Fios TV working by phone meant dealing with "I'm a tier 1 person, I don't know. If I wasn't working from home, I could walk over to the guy who knows and find out for you. Let's me transfer you to a technician."  The techs I got after 90 min. waiting during numerous calls - also working from home - didn't know either. The technician they sent out figured out the problem in 60 seconds.

My sister retired from Johns Hopkins Hospital on Sept. 1 at 61 and when she called last week asking where her new company-retired health insurance cards were she was told, "It's ok, we've got you down for COBRA (unemployment).  She said she wished she could just barge into the office that handles insurance at Hopkins and straighten it out, but everyone's working from home.

So, take advantage of having them all in the right place if you need to do so.

I would try to call the office and talk to some of the admin staff.  Remind them you need the form to go back to work and ask them when it will be ready.  Repeat question till you get some specific date.  If they say they're not sure, repeat "ok but it will be ready by at least NNN, right?"  If you haven't received it by the date they say, stop by the office and say you're they're to pick it up and if it's not ready, offer to wait.

5 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I would try to call the office and talk to some of the admin staff.  Remind them you need the form to go back to work and ask them when it will be ready.  Repeat question till you get some specific date.  If they say they're not sure, repeat "ok but it will be ready by at least NNN, right?"  If you haven't received it by the date they say, stop by the office and say you're they're to pick it up and if it's not ready, offer to wait.

That’s when they tell you filling out forms is Hellen’s job. If you need it filled out now you can go to Hellen Waite.

• Awesome 1