Electrical people, tinkerers, handypeople, renaissance people, puzzlemeisters, and hornswogglers...

Ralphie

5 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, now that you asked computer people, a cell failed.

;)

It would appear that your "battery" was 2 cells in parallel to boost the capacity and is now just one.  Same power, just half the time.  

It's probably time to start hunting for a new battery.

My money was really on a hornswoggler. :D

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, now that you asked computer people, a cell failed.

;)

It would appear that your "battery" was 2 cells in parallel to boost the capacity and is now just one.  Same power, just half the time.  

It's probably time to start hunting for a new battery.

Maybe someone broke the tab between the two cells. :)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

Battery charge current is expressed in "C" rate.  For a 1000mah battery (1 amp hour or 1000 milliamp hours) a 1 c rate would be a 1 amp charge current which would charge the battery in a little over 1 hour.  This is a "safe" rate.  Many batteries can be charged at higher rates but still "like" that 1 C rate best.  The c rating also helps to describe the ability of a battery to discharge as well.  This is why you see batteries designated with a cell count, mah size and c rate.  For example, in my drag car I use a 2S (2 lipo cells for 8.4 volts) 8000 mah (capacity)  100C rated battery.  One recent run logged an 80 amp peak current and I'd like to get more, perhaps as much as 140 amps.  I still charge it at much less than a 1c rate (about 3 amps)

Next.  Your modern batteries, unlike NiCad's of old do better if they are not discharged to the bottom of their capacity.  They do  better if they are charged more often, say when they hit 50% or so.

• Heart 1