Alaska is too big, it should be at least two states

Randomguy

Further is correct.  Too much of the land is really unusable and unpopulated.  It's like buying a 20.000 square foot house and finding out most of the space is in an unfinished attic or a damp basement that floods.

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Further is correct.  Too much of the land is really unusable and unpopulated.  It's like buying a 20.000 square foot house and finding out most of the space is in an unfinished attic or a damp basement that floods.

...what a  sensible analogy. Even @Randomguy should be able to understand it. Kudos.

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

but it has an oil well way in the dark corner of the basement that pays for everything!

12 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I wouldn't mind if California realigned itself with Mexico.  Better Mexican food, and we could let Trump build the wall between us. :happyanim:

We haven’t heard the split the state banter in a while.  NorCal & SoCal really are two different states.  Both cool in their own way but totally different vibes.

13 hours ago, Kirby said:

If you split it, they will come.  Remember, it is gonna get warmer up there.

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I think Hawaii is all out there on their own, and is too small, also.  Maybe combining Hawaii and Delaware makes more sense, and would be way more fun.

...Hawaii ought to go to one of the landlocked states, like Nebraska or Oklahoma, so they could have beach resorts.

7 hours ago, Randomguy said:

But I thought Mexico already paid for a wall, it was a promise.  Promises are always kept, you know.

...if it's already paid for, all the more reason to align with Mexico. And I forgot to mention stuff like much cheaper dental work, and auto body repair bargains.

• Heart 1

43 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...Hawaii ought to go to one of the landlocked states, like Nebraska or Oklahoma, so they could have beach resorts.

...if it's already paid for, all the more reason to align with Mexico. And I forgot to mention stuff like much cheaper dental work, and auto body repair bargains.

and tequila....and guacamole....and donkey shows in TJ

• Heart 2

Actually, I've thought the states should be grouped together in a smaller number.  There should just be "Carolina."  Central and Eastern Shore Maryland and Northern Virginia should be the state of "Chesapeake."  West Virginia, Western MD, and Western PA should "Coalzonia."  New England should be one state.

59 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Actually, I've thought the states should be grouped together in a smaller number.  There should just be "Carolina."  Central and Eastern Shore Maryland and Northern Virginia should be the state of "Chesapeake."  West Virginia, Western MD, and Western PA should "Coalzonia."  New England should be one state.

Interesting thought & I can see it.  What about the west?   AZ, NV, UT & NM one state? Oregon & WA one state. CA on its own as nobody else wants to be associated with us!