I may have a moral dilemma Monday

Scrapr

32 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

I would have taken the highest offer.  Interesting, that seems so obvious to me.  

I last sold a house in the summer of 2017.  Unexpectedly (market was not nearly as heated up as it is now) received a full price offer as soon as the house showed up on MLS.  Got a letter from the potential buyer "hoping you'll accept our full price offer"...LOL, hell yeah, that's why I listed it.  I didn't realize that it's a "thing" to write a letter to the seller.  I thought it was silly then...still do.  To me it's a business transaction.

28 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm apparently way out of touch as well.  The last thing I want to do is deal with folks buying my home. That's what the real estate agent is for.  Find me the best buyer, and please don't make me meet them - before, during, or after the closing.

That's pretty much my thinking. But when I'm facing another team that has deeper pockets than I, it does give me pause. I'm very happy to sell to these guys as long as they keep their word and don't try to screw me. I'm married after all.

48 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm apparently way out of touch as well.  The last thing I want to do is deal with folks buying my home. That's what the real estate agent is for.  Find me the best buyer, and please don't make me meet them - before, during, or after the closing.

If a woman is offering sexy times, would that swing momentum her way?

1 hour ago, Goat Geddah said:

I would have taken the highest offer.  Interesting, that seems so obvious to me.  

I last sold a house in the summer of 2017.  Unexpectedly (market was not nearly as heated up as it is now) received a full price offer as soon as the house showed up on MLS.  Got a letter from the potential buyer "hoping you'll accept our full price offer"...LOL, hell yeah, that's why I listed it.  I didn't realize that it's a "thing" to write a letter to the seller.  I thought it was silly then...still do.  To me it's a business transaction.

It is primarily a business transaction but more. It is relationships. When we so

d our last house we did so knowing that the neighbor who shared the drive would still be living there. We like them and hoped the new owners would continue that positive relationship. We took a little less in money to know that the new people were a good fit. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I'm having a moral lifting day today.  Basically today it became more or less official -- I've sold my house.  My house went officially from "Pending Inspection" to "Pending" in the MLS.  It's a cash deal so no appraiser and no stinking banks.  It's set to close is two weeks but my agent reached out and said they may close it earlier.  Fine by me!

• Awesome 2

On 9/29/2020 at 3:01 PM, Razors Edge said:

I tend to agree...it's a business transaction. No the buyer for my condo in Toronto didn't try to ask for anything.  I was with my real estate agent when I met her after the papers were signed.

My son is still trying to sell his. I think he lost out on the house he was buying. I don’t mind having him live where he is, he is a lot closer to me but I know they are disappointed. If they haven’t sold it by next spring maybe my son’s father in law and I will build them an addition with two more bedrooms and another full bath. It’s hard to coordinate buying and selling when you can’t afford to buy the second house and wait around until you find a buyer for the first house.

• Sad 1