Steeler fans

Longjohn

On fantasy football discussion sites, the biggest assholes by far are the Patriots fans.

In contrast, the Steelers and Ravens fans consistently show respect and admiration for each other's teams.  On the relatively few occasions where a fan will run-down the other's team, another fan of the same team will say something like, "Don't be like that: you know they have a great organization."

Consequently, I enjoy interacting with Steelers fans.

The worst interaction, though not the fan's fault, was the first year I played fantasy football, 2006.  I had drafted Ben Roethlisberger as my "Ravenskins" fantasy team's starting quarterback a few days earlier and was sitting in Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD, watching the Cal-Ripken-owned Ironbirds play Single A Minor League Baseball.

There was a group sitting behind us, from Pittsburgh, and one got a phone call.  After the call he announced, "My sister said Ben Roethlisberger was in a bad motorcycle accident and is probably out for the year."

I didn't enjoy the rest of the baseball game.  My Ravenskins went 2-4 and then Cowboys coach Bill Parcells decided to bench QB Drew Bledsoe in the middle week 6 and start a guy named Tony Romo.  I successfully claimed Romo through waivers and won my league!