The arse came right out of 'er.....

Zephyr

For the first time ever, I notice a hole in a pair of bob shorts,  right where the inside thigh meets the cuzzif.  It looked like it was wore through as opposed to a puncture hole.  I checked and all my other bib shorts are showing abrasion in the same spot.  :angry:

I checked my bike and my saddle has worn through on that side, but just through the top layer.  It makes me sad because it fits me so well and I have around 13,000 miles in that saddle and it fits me great.  So I thought I would retire it and put the saddle which I dont love back on as it came with the bike 

I also noticed the bolt head for the clamps that holds the saddle rails to the bike had a small barb on it, and sitting on the bike, my legs can hit it if I try because of where my seat is placed but I am not sure if my regular pedal stroke would hit it.

My perfect seat came on my first bike and just says Giant.  No seat brand or model.  It may be hard to try to track one down from a bike 5 or six years ago.   I am afraid of becoming another Squarewheels with four or five different saddles and none of them perfect as I have a delicate hiney

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

2 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I loved the Performance Ultra bibs and need to replace mine.  The chamois has holes in them but I love the fit... 

I do need some new ones though.

I picked up my first paur of Pearl Izumi's yesterday to replace the holey ones, I am looking forward to trying them out

• Heart 1