Well, it is Monday

Kzoo
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

55 minutes ago, Zackny said:

And my lawn still needs mowing.....

OK this is sort of a sore subject right now.  Yesterday afternoon I set out to mow the lawn.  I had some small painting projects so in between things drying I mowed parts of the lawn.  Leaves we falling as well so I would mow part - accumulating some leaves and burn them in our fire pit.  I love the smell of burning leaves in the fall.  WoKzoo left before I started moving.  She had raked a small pile of leave in the back yard on Saturday and left them there.  When I got around to the pile I added it to the fire pit.  The yard looked good when I was done.  When WoKzoo got home she wanted to know where her pile of leaves went (she knew the answer - the smell lingered).  I get in trouble for burning her pile of leaves.  The little pile she was hoping to add to so the grandkids could jump in them if they ever show up to our house to play.

And Zack, it's raining right now.  I don't mow in the rain.

• Heart 2

The Chiefs play our Ravens in Baltimore tonight in what's considered THE game between the best two teams in the NFL. The Ravens are favored by 3.5 points, but its probably going to come down to a few key plays: a turnover at the wrong time or a lucky long pass or run that determine who wins.

Interestingly, Ravens Reporter John Eisenberg wrote today: " I find it incredible that 2,438 NFL players took 14,074 coronavirus tests from Sept. 13-19 and every single one came back negative."

That hasn't been true with baseball and I wonder what's going to happen as the NFL season goes through the Fall.  Maybe they should have moved all the bye weeks from weeks 5-13 to weeks 12-16 (all playing week 17) to make room for makeup games.

The Ravens barely lost two games in KC the past two years, 27-24 in overtime in 2018, and 33-28 in 2019 where the last team to get the ball was going to win. Now we get them at home and hope the strongly-improved Ravens over last year's 14-2 team can win over the improved reigning NFL-Champ Chiefs.  Of course, you won't have any fans, except relatives of players and staff, in our World's Largest Insane Asylum to act as the "12th man" so I don't know if there's any significant home field advantage.  Whoever loses, this may be their only loss for the season depending on health, COVID-19, etc.

If they had sold tickets to the game it would be impossible to find them for less than $500.

The weather has been wet and there may be an afternoon shower today, but no precip during the game and temps in the 70's.

3 hours ago, Kzoo said:

OK this is sort of a sore subject right now.  Yesterday afternoon I set out to mow the lawn.  I had some small painting projects so in between things drying I mowed parts of the lawn.  Leaves we falling as well so I would mow part - accumulating some leaves and burn them in our fire pit.  I love the smell of burning leaves in the fall.  WoKzoo left before I started moving.  She had raked a small pile of leave in the back yard on Saturday and left them there.  When I got around to the pile I added it to the fire pit.  The yard looked good when I was done.  When WoKzoo got home she wanted to know where her pile of leaves went (she knew the answer - the smell lingered).  I get in trouble for burning her pile of leaves.  The little pile she was hoping to add to so the grandkids could jump in them if they ever show up to our house to play.

And Zack, it's raining right now.  I don't mow in the rain.

The next time you rake you need to bag some leaves and save them for when the grandkids come over.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

The next time you rake you need to bag some leaves and save them for when the grandkids come over.

I do not and will not bag leaves.  I have a couple dozen 90 ft oak and elm trees in my yard.  I spend days moving leaves every Oct/Nov.  I am NOT putting any of them in bags.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I do not and will not bag leaves.  I have a couple dozen 90 ft oak and elm trees in my yard.  I spend days moving leaves every Oct/Nov.  I am NOT putting any of them in bags.

Now is a good time to cut the lawn short.  That way when the winds of fall blow your leaves become somebody else's leaves.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Now is a good time to cut the lawn short.  That way when the winds of fall blow your leaves become somebody else's leaves.

I live in the valley between 2 competing ridges.  I live on a corner and all 4 directions go up.  I actually get very little wind.  And seldom the kind that blows leaves away.  My yards are also either lower than the surrounding area or protected by woods from wind.  The most I get is leaves moving from one side of the yard to the other.  I don't get to move leaves to the neighbors nor do I get any from the neighbors

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I live in the valley between 2 competing ridges.  I live on a corner and all 4 directions go up.  I actually get very little wind.  And seldom the kind that blows leaves away.  My yards are also either lower than the surrounding area or protected by woods from wind.  The most I get is leaves moving from one side of the yard to the other.  I don't get to move leaves to the neighbors nor do I get any from the neighbors

Want some?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, MickinMD said:

The Chiefs play our Ravens in Baltimore tonight in what's considered THE game between the best two teams in the NFL. The Ravens are favored by 3.5 points, but its probably going to come down to a few key plays: a turnover at the wrong time or a lucky long pass or run that determine who wins.

Interestingly, Ravens Reporter John Eisenberg wrote today: " I find it incredible that 2,438 NFL players took 14,074 coronavirus tests from Sept. 13-19 and every single one came back negative."

That hasn't been true with baseball and I wonder what's going to happen as the NFL season goes through the Fall.  Maybe they should have moved all the bye weeks from weeks 5-13 to weeks 12-16 (all playing week 17) to make room for makeup games.

The Ravens barely lost two games in KC the past two years, 27-24 in overtime in 2018, and 33-28 in 2019 where the last team to get the ball was going to win. Now we get them at home and hope the strongly-improved Ravens over last year's 14-2 team can win over the improved reigning NFL-Champ Chiefs.  Of course, you won't have any fans, except relatives of players and staff, in our World's Largest Insane Asylum to act as the "12th man" so I don't know if there's any significant home field advantage.  Whoever loses, this may be their only loss for the season depending on health, COVID-19, etc.

If they had sold tickets to the game it would be impossible to find them for less than $500.

The weather has been wet and there may be an afternoon shower today, but no precip during the game and temps in the 70's.

Ravens who?

6 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Maybe it simply wasn't true.  We've already seen that there's lots of money in massaged data.