Ouch!

MoseySusan

30 minutes ago, roadsue said:

My car was hit from behind last night. Even though the light had turned green, a neighborhood “prophet” was in the middle of the crosswalk, so I didn’t start moving. He wanders the streets, wears a robe and carries a metal antenna in the shape of a cross. He was walking across the street. I couldn’t go even though the light was green. But a car from behind me went, and rammed into the back of my car. I didn’t think I was hurt at the time, but this morning my neck and my left wrist are a little sore. Nothing too bad, just noticeable.

You probably need to contact your doctor immediately.  Things like this tend to be excluded in later insurance claims without documentation.  You never know if it will get worse.

Besides, it's fitting to stick it to idiot drivers.

Police call after accident with the car still in place????

Sorry to hear you got hit!

Get checked by a doctor ASAP to document your injuries even if they don't seem major - you never know.

I was rear-ended by a guy dialing a cell-phone in a Ford 150 while stopped at a red light in April of last year. Fortunately it was just a minor fender-bender but I felt nauseous for a second immediately after the hit.  When the policeman I phoned for arrived, he asked me if I was injured.  I answered, "Not that I know of right now."

I didn't want it on record that I said I wasn't injured.

That was the 2nd time I was rear-ended in my 2013 Honda Fit.  In 2014, I was stopped behind traffic and rear-ended by a State Police Officer in a Ford 250 State Natural Resources truck.

So Ford 250 then Ford 150.  I'm lucky they don't make a Ford 50.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, roadsue said:

A little headache so far today. Seeing a doctor is harder than it should be. I’d have to go to an Urgent Care, wait four hours, just to have documented ouchies.

I would do it for sure.  These things can take days to show up.  If you are sore now, it could get worse.  Sorry to say it, but you have to play the game by their rules. so go get checked out.

Maybe Doctor Mickin can do a virtual appt. for you?

1 hour ago, roadsue said:

A little headache so far today. Seeing a doctor is harder than it should be. I’d have to go to an Urgent Care, wait four hours, just to have documented ouchies.

Yep.  And if it gets worse 3 months from now you will wish you'd gone.  Headaches a day after a crash are a possible indicator of a mild concussion caused by your brain rattling around inside your skull.  Go now.

My car was hit from behind earlier this year.  We were on a local expressway and when the traffic ahead slowed down, the car behind me didn't.   At the time, it was mainly shocking, but the poor driver who hit me was actually a nice guy who felt so bad and just kept apologizing.  I was sore for a few days and my arm even felt a bit numb, but luckily it was nothing serious.

His insurance company kept asking me if I was going to make a claim against my insurance, and I kept telling them no, but they kept trying.

I hope you're ok.  An accident like this is a shock to the system and annoying because you have to deal with all the repairs and paperwork, bu I'm thankful any time you can walk away from an accident.

The person who hit my car said she sees that guy with the big metal cross standing on a corner In the neighborhood all the time. “Like he’s trying to contact heaven with that antenna.” He’s part of the local color. I’m pissed that he waited until my light turned green to walk across the street. Weirdo. 

16 minutes ago, roadsue said:

Muscle inflammation and a mild concussion is the diagnosis. I get three days off work. And some pt for the muscle recovery. I turned down the muscle relaxers, though. 

Good.  Glad you went.  Sometimes things go swimmingly well and other times something strange happens.  It's always a good idea to see medical professionals when even a mild concussion might have been possible.  When I had mine, the ER folks were very interested the the skull photos and my neck.  When the dizzys began a couple of days later I toughed it out and I now realize that was a very big mistake. I should have gone back.  That lasted for several weeks before I could drive.