Waiting!

maddmaxx

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

My computer is scheduled for delivery today.  The item is shipped Amazon.  It left New Jersey sometime around midnight.  No further news so I assume that it has been passed on to the 11th runner by now and is approaching New York.

Can't you just log on to your computer browser and check delivery st....  Oh wait.

7 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

Can't you just log on to your computer browser and check delivery st....  Oh wait.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I believe it is now in Minneola. 

It might be.  It is now reported as delayed in transit, expect in a day or two and if not by then ask for a refund.  IMO this is a Murphy's law result caused by my tearing down the entire computer wall in the secret lab, cleaning up and readying the space for the new computer.  Coupled with waiting all day for it's arrival this was inevitable,

Fortunately the weather is not good for drag race testing so there are no chargers to run and no data readouts to display.  The launch is on hold at T-15 pending the resolution of the problem.

• Sad 1

How many Windows updates were sent to you?  

18 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

How powerful is this machine?

That has always amazed me. 

The must be a lot of torque.

Interesting how the tire footprint gets huge when the tire needs the most traction.   And the diameter of the tire is smaller now, then expands a lot at the top end of the track.  Kind of like a granny gear when needed.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

How many Windows updates were sent to you?  

That has always amazed me. 

The must be a lot of torque.

Interesting how the tire footprint gets huge when the tire needs the most traction.   And the diameter of the tire is smaller now, then expands a lot at the top end of the track.  Kind of like a granny gear when needed.

0 yupdates, this machine was shipped with the new stuff already in it.

The tires have sidewalls designed to wrinkle.  There is very low air pressure.  That's about 11,000 hp being applied and look at the square footage of tire on the ground.  That's why they do that.  Count the screws in the edge of the rim that are locked into the tire bead like teeth just to keep the wheel from spinning inside the tire.