Honey crisp apples

Further

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

I love them.  We end up buying fuji due to cost though.

Honey crisp are way. Healer here than Fuji. We got homegrown Symthe this week. Sweet and crisp and delicious. This farm is the only place I have ever seen them and Mr Bishoping says some of his trees are over 100 years old. 

I like Honey Crisp apples a lot.  I also like about every apple with "Jon" in the name: Jonathan, Jonafree, etc.

A doctor owned an estate and asked his employee Jonathan to cut down a wild-growing Apple tree.  Jonathan botched the job and a new trunk grew from the base of the tree.  The apples turned out to taste so good they were named after Jonathan.

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Honey crisp are way. Healer here than Fuji. We got homegrown Symthe this week. Sweet and crisp and delicious. This farm is the only place I have ever seen them and Mr Bishoping says some of his trees are over 100 years old. 

That should be way cheaper than Fuji. 

We will be going to the wholesale produce auction Friday.  We hope to come home with several varieties of apples for applesauce and cider. I hope we can get some honeycrisp too.  My favorite to eat. Usually the smallest lots there are 6 half bushel boxes or baskets so we may end up with none or lots of them. Hope to get 20 to 30 bushel total depending on the price. Who wants to come and enjoy some fresh pressed apple cider with us?

• Heart 2

31 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

We will be going to the wholesale produce auction Friday.  We hope to come home with several varieties of apples for applesauce and cider. I hope we can get some honeycrisp too.  My favorite to eat. Usually the smallest lots there are 6 half bushel boxes or baskets so we may end up with none or lots of them. Hope to get 20 to 30 bushel total depending on the price. Who wants to come and enjoy some fresh pressed apple cider with us?

:desk:

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

You will have to be like my grandchildren and come help run the press that my grandfather built at least 60 years ago. 

DSCN1007.jpg.7fdac9296def78336bb2080ef5902899.jpg

DSC_6847.jpg.a68e4f48ab39be10e689f4816a842dff.jpg

We dropped by a local apple orchard on the way home from camping, and they were pressing apples for cider while we chose our peck.  Looks like a neat set-up you have.

Ever make hard cider?  Seems that was all the rage years ago and now coming back to popularity.