Just renewed Sirius account

ChrisL

34 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Man you have to watch those bastiges.  

I was paying about $8 a month and got my auto renewal notice, $20 a month!  Yeah F that so I called to cancel the service.

Oh wait Mr ChrisL, we want to keep you as a loyal customer, we can keep the existing rate. You know, that’s OK, just cancel me.  Oh wait, I found a better offer $6.50 a month.  You know my wife was laid off, this really isn’t an expense I need (not entirely true but wanted to see what they would do). Oh I’m so sorry Mr ChrisL, how about I take that down to $5.50 a month including taxes & fees.  OK that I can do.  

My subscription went from $240 a year to $66!

I've had similar experiences.  When I switched cable TV services and called to cancel the old one, I got a series of reduced charge offers and extra free channels.

When charging me for new checks for the first time in 40 years was the nickel-and-diming-me straw that broke my desire for M&T Bank and I could get no help calling customer service, I discovered federally insured Credit Unions had much better terms and began moving my savings there.  The next day I got a call from M&T Bank asking, "Are we meeting your needs?"  NOW, the phone rep told me how I could avoid charges, etc.  Too late!

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

It really is annoying that they make people go through that each time they renew. 

Same for Comcast. :angry:

My wife just got Sirius for her new crv for aboot $72 per year. I need to see if it is all access so I can try it on my phone.  She has been exploring the channels, usually has it on The Blend I think. 

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I was paying about $8 a month and got my auto renewal notice, $20 a month!  Yeah F that so I called to cancel the service.

Oh wait Mr ChrisL, we want to keep you as a loyal customer, we can keep the existing rate. You know, that’s OK, just cancel me.  Oh wait, I found a better offer $6.50 a month.  You know my wife was laid off, this really isn’t an expense I need (not entirely true but wanted to see what they would do). Oh I’m so sorry Mr ChrisL, how about I take that down to $5.50 a month including taxes & fees.  OK that I can do.  

That is some nice swindling right there!

• Awesome 1

10 hours ago, ChrisL said:

When you got to $6.50/mo please tell me you told them

YOU CANNOT BE SIRIUS!!!

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Same here. I called to canx Sirius but came away with a far cheaper rate. I don’t get Howard Stern nor sports channels. I think that they will bump up the price in a year but I will just cancel again.

Likewise. Requiring me to call rather than online account closure already gets them off on the wrong foot before they answer. While I am courteous and listen to their offer, after I say no and they don't accept as they go down their list of counters to objection my mood changes. (Terrible when someone is sales trained and can read them like a book!) The way I look at it, they forced me to call them and I can't hang up on them. Therefore, they earned every bit of abuse I throw at them - sometimes quite obscene - taking them totally off their "sales save" script. They close the account.

I have similar coming up in November with Adobe and my "dump Adobe" quest has been unable to find substitutes for the 4 programs I use requiring the full Creative Cloud. Will renew, but the qwest continues for next year. I found a way to beat them at their own game - two emails. The current closed account gets all these "please come back" offers that they don't offer to current customers (i.e. second class customers). Armed with that knowledge, will see if the "save" offers are better than they marketing offers. If even, will still close the account as don't want to reward the 'save' behavior as it will count adversely on their performance effectiveness report.

14 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

:angry::angry::angry:  

Once a year I get to go and complain and threaten to leave our cable company. Somehow, they always find a cheaper rate.  I just stop at the local office and complain face to face. They can't hang up then.

They only appreciate your service when you're walking oot the door

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, ChrisL said:

You need to renegotiate for me.  I got it for free with my car last year.  I have the 5.50 deal for this year as a new customer.  When it come due next year, I'll have you call for me.

I called Verizon and said I was going to switch to a competitor, they said "nice knowing ya".  I didn't switch, or get a better deal.

• Heart 1